• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....

Donate to ItsBoxOffice

Donate
More Info
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
26 Online
2 Member And 24 Guest
Members present at the site
+2 votes
asked in Opinion by Cinematographer (96.1k points)
92% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

According to me these movies contributed to Hindi cinema alot ;
(Release Order)
1. Mother India
2. Mughal e Azam
3. Anand
4. Sholay
5. Golmaal (79)
6. Mr India
7. Hum Aapke Hain Kaun
8. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
9. Lagaan
10. Bajrangi Bhaijaan

Honourable Mentions : Devdas (55), Deewar, Muqaddar ka Sikandar, Maine Pyar Kiya, Gadar, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, 3 Idiots, Dangal.

answered by Production Accountant (20.8k points)
selected by

Great answer. Btw, i should have kept the list longer, dangal and 3i deserve too deserve to be in that top list.

yup. You asked for top 10. So IMO these movies deserves the Top 10 slots.

+1 vote

Sorry brother! It's hard to come from 1950. I don't think many users have that information prior 1990. At least I don't have. So answering with my improper knowledge. 1. Sholay 2. Mother India 3. Mugle-A -Ajam 4. Hum Aapke Hai Kan 5. Gadar 6. Dilwale Dulhaniya le Jayange 7. Dangal 8. Bajrangi Bhaijan 9. Raja Hindustani 10. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

answered by Production Designer (13.4k points)
+1 vote

Mother India
Mughale Azam
Ram aur Shyam
Anand
Sholay
Masoom
Hum Aapke Hain Koun
Lagaan
CHAK DE INDIA
Bajrangi Bhaijaan

answered by Unit Manager (35.6k points)
–2 votes

don't know about top ten but Dilwale dulhania le jayenge is most famous and loved bollywood movie across the world.

answered by Editor (87.4k points)

Sihan, DDLJ is nothing in front of classics like Mother India, pyaasa, mughal e azam etc. Its one of the best yes, but the best? Absolutely not.

LMAO!!! Gulzaar Comparing marriage video to DDLJ? Even movies like OSO & Veer zaara are much more popular than that marriage video. Hahahah...

@intense I said most popular worldwide. and its best in own genre. its a classic, quality wise it shouldn't be compared.

@rahil
Tere Naam ke samne saare srk movies paani bhi nhi mangta... Including DDLJ, KKHH and classic CDI...

Related questions

+1 vote
4 answers 213 views
+2 votes
6 answers 147 views
147 views asked in Opinion by Intense Cinematographer (96.1k points)