• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
15 Online
4 Member And 11 Guest
Members present at the site
+3 votes

For quite some time... Srk hasn't

- Given ATBB since 19 years, last was KKHH in 1998

- Given Blockbuster since 4 years, last was CE in 2013

- Given Superhit since 3 years, last was HNY in 2014

- Given HIT since 2 years & Hit verdict film since 5 years, last was JTHJ in 2012

Do u guys believe that Srk could manage to at least generate that much buzz / hype for JAB HARRY MET SEJAL that with 1st weekend itself it can get HIT verdict for sure?

In this decade, due to opening he got 4 hits - MNIK, Ra.One, Don 2 & JTHJ... if not Biggest Success, can he get marginal HIT with it?

Your views?

asked in Box Office Related by Location Scout (4.8k points)
94% Accept Rate

6 Answers

+3 votes

Best answer

I think JHMS will be at least hit. It can be superhit too. I am not expecting behond that. The movie will be good. It will be another good rom-com after Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. But it will not get hit status in first weekend itself but by the end of first week you will see it either being hit or super hit. The opening will not be great. The numbers will be third highest for SRK after HNY and CE. But the trend will be better than CE. The weekend number will be close to CE.(5-10cr short excluding paid previews). I think 80-90cr opening weekend is the target to achieve. CE was also August release and so is JHMS. So yes luck will follow him this time.

answered by Production Designer (13.4k points)
selected by
+2 votes

As of now i will say no. Jhms thanks to its pathetic marketing strategies will put off people before its release itself. Add to it the adult overtones will make sure families stay away. So at best another average grosser for SRK.

2018 will bring him a big blockbuster in the form of dwarf. Anand rai is a fab director and with a good story and a solo release it is SRK'S best bet for a 250cr+ grosser.

answered by Cinematographer (90.5k points)
+2 votes

A good trailer will turn things around at the moment the mini trails are just plain boring only his fans are liking it not the neutral audience
30% chance of hit at the moment

answered by Production Designer (16k points)
+1 vote

50-50 chances of Hit.

answered by Production Accountant (20.3k points)
+1 vote

Going by the mini heart attacks one can easily say a big NO it will max be HIT and most probably SEMI HIT coz teasers are terrible indeed

answered by Casting Director (16.6k points)
0 votes

Wants to be a hit but semihit awaits

answered by Production Accountant (28.2k points)

Related questions

+2 votes
3 answers 223 views
223 views asked in Movie Discussions by sunil Production Designer (13.4k points)