Registrations are open for a very limited time. Logging in Errors

Name And Rate Movie You Watched (11th June - 17th June). Also Choose Movie Of The Week. Week 173. Countdown begins for Bhai ka Tubelight.

+6 votes
The Tree of Life (2011): 7/10 Well. It may sound surprising for some as this movie title isn't something much heard but it was recommended to me for many people out here and all for bad reasons. Years back, on the same weekly post, Grand Nova first introduced the movie and advised me to watch, not because he liked it but he thought that I like slow, dull, highly substantial and pretentious art-house cinema. Then, recommendations came from Tyler Darden, Harsh and others. Interestingly enough no one liked it but they all predicted that I'll definitely like it.  
Well, not to disappoint their presumption, I must say that I like the cinema. And, because it has powerful characterization, very substantial writing, philosophical substances, and thought provoking cinematography. With most of the movie, cinematography could be beautiful and mesmerizing but it's rare when it compels you to think and the eccentric nature of visualization of the film does it so well. Like it is hypnotizing you, heisting your mind from you and you feel completely lost. I don't know but there was a moment when I was completely captivated, compelled and asleep by thought. Can't really say what happened. The fact that it tries to envisage origin and meaning of life through telling a story of a family ignited my curiosity to understand the universe more. The movie answers many questions of complexity of life and also injects some grave questions like why the prime character of the movie Mr. O'Brien was so strict and authoritarian, why Mrs. O'Brien was so suffocated and submissive to her family, and why Jack become a sadistic, and violent to nature and rebellious to his father. These all things are aid in understanding the aspects of human relationships, its love, grace and nature.   
I won't say that everyone can like it. It may be just I feel highly connected with Jack O'Brien as we both somewhere share common stories of life. But, for those whom my words have excited can go ahead to give it a shot.
asked Jun 17 in General by Ankit 007 Assistant Director (50,512 points)
71% Accept Rate

edited Jun 17 by Ankit 007

9 Answers

+2 votes

1.Princes mononoke - rewatched it after 4 years , remains my favourite anime of all time 8.5/10 excellent film

1. My life as a zucchini (french) - 7/10 very good

2. Free fire - 5/10

Movie of the week -

answered Jun 17 by Tyler Durden Production Accountant (23,144 points)
+2 votes
  1. The Mummy (5/10) - Below average ..
  2. 12 Years A Slave (7/10) - Very good ..
  3. Memories of Murder (8/10) - Chilling and engaging..
    MOTW -
answered Jun 17 by Criminal Director (134,085 points)
+2 votes

King's Speech(2010) - 8.5/10

answered Jun 17 by Aashish Lachotraa Second Unit Director (78,531 points)
+1 vote

The Fate of the Furious - 6.5/10
Beauty & the Beast - 6/10
The Hateful Eight - 7.5/10
Inglourious Basterds - 8/10
Movie of the Week :

answered Jun 17 by God Father Production Accountant (20,867 points)
+1 vote

Hmmm...

1. Despicable Me 3 [2017 - IMAX] = 6/10 [Fun sequel but not worth watching in IMAX. There will be a fourth part, I will admit that I am indeed losing interest.]

2. Maragatha Naanayam [2017 - Tamil] = 3/10 [It was plain boring. Tricked by the reviews. Plus theatre was bad. Anyways crossed off one more theatre so the count is 22 now in Bengaluru.]

3. Rarandoi Veduka Chuddam [2017 - Telugu] = 3/10 [can't tell you how boring it was. I am surprised it became a super hit at the box office. So many films having the same story, this one had poor performances & songs plus no comedy scenes worked.]

4. Geetha [1981 - Kannada] = 8/10 [re-watch. Always a favorite. Hats off to Ilayaraja. The evergreen songs are still chartbusters till date. You've heard Ilayaraja using the hit number in Cheeni Kum as Jaane Do Na.]

First Time Watched = Despicable Me 3, Maragatha Naanayam & Rarandoi Veduka Chuddam.

Movie of the week = Geetha.

In fact let me recommend Despicable Me 3 also. Minions get couple of songs for themselves & they aren't irritating as they were in their own movie.

answered Jun 17 by suhas Mega Star (239,518 points)
+1 vote

Rings 2/10
With every movie they are going down
This is the most pathetic to say the least
A horrorless horror movie which just gives you headache
The basic rule of scaring someone is by showing them something suddenly but here the ghost take ages to come out of tv and it ain't scary

Passengers 8/10
A cool sci-fi flick with some mistakes here and there but are negligible bcoz
the screenplay is engaging vfx are also too class
Good acting by both chriss pratt and jennifer Lawrence
A enjoyable movie

Begum jaan 5/10
No character details no emotional connect with the
heavy dialouges in a medicore story that instead of focusing on the difficulties faced by prostitutes tried showing heroism
Vidya balan is the heart and soul of the movie and delivers some hard hitting dialouges with ease
Good acting let down by medicore script and

Pichaikkaran 7/10 (Roadside Rowdy)
Now the dubbed title is just pathetic to say the least anyways a very diff kind of movie
The hero is a millionaire who has to become beggar for some reasons
Now the director has two choices either to make it completely classy by showing the pain of beggars throughout the movie
Or else put a heroine villain and some actiom scenes to please masses
He chooees the second option although the film is still gud but had he choosen the first option it could have been classic
Vijay antony is brilliant
Emotional scenes work very well
+1 for the creative concept

answered Jun 17 by SSk Casting Director (19,082 points)
+1 vote

Saab Bahadar : 7/10

answered Jun 17 by Charlie Jatinder Super-star (165,477 points)
+1 vote

Tamil film Metro - 6.75/10
Kavan - 7/10

answered Jun 17 by Kowsigan Second Unit Director (72,891 points)
0 votes

.....no movies...hectic week schedule......

answered Jun 17 by Kabir Production Accountant (26,151 points)

Related questions

+3 votes
8 answers 214 views
+5 votes
5 answers 256 views
+3 votes
3 answers 146 views