+3 votes
http://www.news18.com/amp/news/movies/nagarjuna-rakul-preet-singh-naga-chaitanya-condemn-chalapathi-rao-for-his-sexist-comment-1410031.html

Actor Nagarjuna has condemned Chalapathi Rao for his offensive remarks on women. At the pre-release function of Rarandoi Veduka Chuddam, which was held on May 21, Chalapathi had made extremely objectionable statements.
As reported by Deccan Chronicle, the movie has a dialogue which goes, 'Ammayilu manasanthiki hanikaram' (girls are harmful for mental peace). On being asked to react to the dialogue, Chalapathi said, "Ammayilu hanikaram kadu kani pakkaloki panikostaru (girls aren’t harmful, they are useful on bed)."
Irked by his unpleasant comments, Nagarjuna was quick to take to Twitter to express his thoughts. "I always respect women personally and in my films/I definitely do not agree wt Chalapati's derogatory comments/dinosaurs do not exist!!(sic)," he tweeted.

In the meantime, actress Rakul Preet Singh, who was also present at the event with Chalapathi, maintained she couldn’t comprehend the meaning of his remarks.
She tweeted, "Apologies 4 a late response 2 #ChalapathiRao comments!wish I understood d exact meanin of it then.I condemn it n my off stmnt wil b out soon. [sic]"

Rakul’s co-star Naga Chaitanya also shared his reaction on Twitter. "Respecting women is a way of life for me.The reactions shown on TV weren't for the statement made.Do I agree with it ?Absolutely NOT !"
Source Link: http://www.news18.com/amp/news/movies/nagarjuna-rakul-preet-singh-naga-chaitanya-condemn-chalapathi-rao-for-his-sexist-comment-1410031.html
asked in Movies by All Time best! (277k points)
99% Accept Rate

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Thats a stupid statement from him. He should apologise publicly.

answered by Editor (80k points)
selected by

Chalapathi Rao has given unconditional written apology.

Being a 73 year old senior actor, it was very wrong of him to make such crass statement.

0 votes

Where is that b*tch Samantha who tweeted on 1 Nenokkadine poster
Now she is quiet when this has happened
Double standards

answered by Assistant Director (52.5k points)

Woah woah calm down. 1:Nenokkadine poster was regressive & it depicted Kriti as a dog. No one can deny that.

Plus Ali had passed comments on her waist on stage. But due to her being friends with Ali she considered it lightly.

Anyways Chalapathi Rao has given his unconditional apology.

Well being a senior actor he never should have said that at first place
Ali is just too much he goes too vulgar at times on women
Samantha i still hate her same seen happened in anjaan with suriya but anyways doesn't matter mahesh gave her the reply in jatha kalise song