• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
12 Online
0 Member And 12 Guest
+4 votes
1. Karthik Calling Karthik (2010): 9/10 Underrated just like other mind-blogging psychological thrill of Bollywood; No Smoking and 404-Error Not Found. Or, you can say that they're way ahead of their time as our industry is yet to find mature audiences who consumes such products. Anyway, focusing on movie, I've always loved psychological thriller, and specially when it's based on personality disorders or more specifically schizophrenia. Karthik Calling Karthik has one of the most intriguing story on concept of schizophrenia and it has been told with as snappily. Suspense is there all the time, storytelling is so crisp and sharp that it doesn't leave a room for guessing exactly what's happening with the Karthik, played by Farhan Akhtar. Yes, love interest between Farhan Akhtar and Deepika Padukone has eaten some precious time of the movie and that's only drawback of the movie. But, it feels okay with highly unexpected climax. I'll recommend you guys to get some head shock.  
2. Tere Bin Laden (2010): 7/10 Good satire. With no sign of seriousness or grievances , they've expressed deep concern on America's strategies to fight against terrorism. It has some good situational comedy to tickle your funny bone and that probably overshadow its low production value. It could have been better movie if it had faster pace.  
3. Phas Gaye Re Obama (2010): 6/10 Didn't meet my expectations, still a decent entertainer. Despite having good story, it moves very slow and that brought boredom at many points. Anyway, only a time paas for me.  
4. Taxes Chainsaw 3D (2013): 5/10 Only watched it for Alexandra Daddario. And, even I rate it so low, I don't regret watching it. The thing that didn't work out for me was its confusing story, may be I didn't get its story because I'm new to Taxes Chainsaw franchises and I've no idea of its backdrop. Why did the film supported Sawyer family? Isn't it that Hartman did right thing to burning down Sawyer family house? What's story of Heather's grandmother, from where she pop up? I'm clueless about these questions and that is what made it weak tee for me.
asked in General by Assistant Director (47.1k points)
66% Accept Rate

5 Answers

+1 vote
  1. Hidden Figures : 7/10 (A solid watch. This is how Biopic should be made)
  2. ET : 7/10 (Spielberg's magic. Despite being predictable af it still works)
  3. Indra The Tiger : 5/10 (All 5 for Megastar. Bollywood stars looks like Namard infront of him. True blue Megastar. Its insult to him if Megastar title is used for anyone else.)

Movie Of The Week : Hidden Figures

answered by Star (158k points)

Well thats your opinion and i respect that but for me
Salman is the only mass star audience go crazy for him in theatres
the kind of craze i haven't seen for any other star

TBH i never saw audience going crazy for any star in cinema. Saw on Twitter or Yt but not in real.

Next time when i watch salman starrer (tubelight)
I will upload video of audience's craze for him right here

+1 vote

Fast and furious 8
8/10
Worked for me i mean it gives what it promises that is entertainment although it couldn't match upto the level of furious 7 paul walker was missed big time anyhow a decent one time watch

La la land
4/10
The most overrated film i have ever seen i mean there is nothing in this film to get 6 oscars overrated as hell

Kaun
7/10
Those good old days when RGV used to be a really good director great writing from anurag kashyap this thriller keeps you glued till the end although they completely lost it in the end i mean manjo bajpayee hits urmila on the head 4-5 times with iron rod still nothing happens to her and suddenly sushant singh comes back from the dead so instead of 9 a 7 rating

Why him
7/10
A chessy film but still worked for me
The humour worked big in bits
Zoey deutch is my new crush

answered by Art Director (2.6k points)

Kaun is a good one.............manoj was awesome in this film and very creepy.

Yess he made me believe he is the serial killer with his creepy act
Too good

+1 vote

Have watched Jaaneman on Hotstar day before yesterday.

Short review : Earlier watched it way back in 2008 or 2009 and didn't like it much. But immensely loved it day before yesterday in the repeat watch. Everything looks perfect for me.... Acting, story, star cast, music, location, background score... everything stand out. Yes length would have been little bit shorter especially in the 2nd half. But overall it's a blockbuster material. In my opinion the movie was way ahead of its time. That’s why it didn't work... I'll rate it 8/10.

answered by Production Designer (12.8k points)
+1 vote

Hmmm..

1. Chowka [2017 - Kannada] = 7/10 (just watched it in theatre. I would've rated it higher if they hadn't added forced patriotism & RDB ending making the film unrealistic. Otherwise, still a must watch film. No wonder it became such a big hit. Kashinath rocked in his role. Probably first film starring him which is a must watch for family audience. Plus the nostalgia film creates with four different timelines is noteworthy. 1995 Mysore & DDLJ in Sangam theatre, Rangeela, walkman... Perfect.)

2. The Fate of the Furious 3D [2017] = 3/10 (fate of the franchise is safe for next two films. It's our fate to tolerate such a damp squib of a film.)

3. La La Land [2016] = 7/10 (despite being highly predictable, I liked the film. But couldn't really with it dominating Oscars.)

4. Sethupathi [2016 - Tamil] = 6/10 (really it's fun to watch Vijay Sethupathi starrers.)

5. Kuttram 23 [2017 - Tamil] = 5/10 (would've rated it more if the patriarchal values didn't piss me off. Having a baby through artificial insemination is never a tool/weapon to judge a woman's character. Wish the film had handled this issue rather than getting scared & ignoring it. The thriller & murder mystery aspect was fine.)

First Time Watched = All of them.

Movie(s) of the week = Chowka, La La Land & Sethupathi.

answered by Mega Star (220k points)

RDB ending making the film unrealistic.?
So, how do you see RDB? Ratings for it?
La La Land Blue Ray is out? As fas as I have read, its BR is going to be out in 23th April?

Yify is out ankit. Just downloaded.

@Ankit ... Not comparing RDB ending with Chowka. The ending of RDB was in sync with the tone. In Chowka 4 convicts(all for the crimes they never committed) escape from prison to get justice to the 5th convict who is wrongfully accused of raping & killing his own daughter. Rather than concentrating on bringing the culprit who is a minister, the 4 heroes hijack suvarna soudha where live budget will be happening. And they go on to lecture all the ministers present there about how to run the country. In the end, the guards will shoot them down. Intention is understandable but it is not in sync with film's tone. They escaped to prove one's innocence & prove the minister of orchastrating the rape & murder of the girl. Basically the heroes easily hijacking a legislature building was highly unbelievable. Not like a radio station in RDB.

But still despite this segment falling flat, the film is still a must watch. Each of the heroes are from different timeline. And they all get to meet in a prison as prisoners. Just the concept of it & the way it's handled is fantastic. Also performances are top notch. Wish the ending was done properly rather than forcing patriotic speech & making them look as Shaheed.

Agree with you suhas bhai la la land isnt the kind of film to win 6 oscars

+1 vote

Saw bahubali fully for first time, had always seen in bits and pieces on tv, saw it whole and must say what a film, what vfx and awesome dedication from rana and prabhas.

Rating- 4.25/5

answered by Assistant Director (59.1k points)

No related questions found