• Register
Logging in Errors

Donate to the forum

All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.1k questions

240k answers

290k comments

392 users

+3 votes
There as a time in 90’s when family audience was reluctant to visit cinema halls due to unhygienic conditions and Sooraj Barjatya’s Hum Aapke Hai Koun proved to be a game changer as the director refused to give the film prints to cinema owners who didn’t upgrade the seating and sound quality of their theatre.

Initially merely 6 to 7 theatres across India agreed to the terms and condition however given the gigantic response for the film tickets, most of them upgraded the ambience within which played a major role in getting family audiences back in cinema halls.

The film which released in 6 to 7 went on to be screened on nearly 700 cinema halls proving the film's mettle. It is about time we get a modern day Hum Aapke Hai Koun which changes the dynamic of Indian Cinema.

Hum aapke hai kaun in my opinion is arguably the biggest blockbuster ever. As It also broke previous highest grossers record by  biggest margin.
asked in Movie Discussions by Location Manager (5k points)
97% Accept Rate

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

If u ask me honestly,i wld say these 3 were the biggest game changers in the mentioned order which took business to an altogether different level.

1.SHOLAY.
2.HAHK.
3.3IDIOTS.

THOUGH HAHK being a bigger game changer than sholay can be debated no doubt.

answered by Camera Operator (8.5k points)
selected by
Saw Nil Battey Sanata..One of the best movies of recent times
0 votes

The marketing and release of the film, termed as an extended family music video by many a critic, was the same as Maine Pyar Kiya. It too was released with only a dozen odd prints across the country.

answered by Assistant Director (47.1k points)

Related questions

+6 votes
8 answers 294 views
294 views asked Apr 19, 2017 in General by IamRaj Location Manager (5k points)
+4 votes
7 answers 276 views
276 views asked Aug 10, 2017 in Box Office Related by IamRaj Location Manager (5k points)