Logging in Errors

Name And Rate Movie You've Watched (19th Mar - 25th Mar). Also Choose Movie Of The Week. Week 162. Philauri Week.

+5 votes
It's all about your damn wild imagination, how far you can go with your imagination. It knows no boundaries, no restraint and then comes to giving it a shape so that you can show it to the world, if you're able to write, sing, draw your imagination on a canvas, you're called an artist. More or less we all have power to imagine, but not everyone could become a good storyteller. This week I've watched two such movies belonging to completely different genre or mood but they're some brilliant example of great storytelling, and the storytellers who imagine beyond the space.  
1. Trapped (2017): 8/10 Vikramaditya Motwani has been setting up an example, daring to break all the orthodox thinking of the industry that you can't make certain types of movie. He is courageous, daring and love his hands on experimenting with innovative ideas. Be it coming of age -drama film Udaan, a sweet and stirring love saga Lootera and now survival thriller Trapped, with each passing movie he is proving that he is finest storyteller of contemporary days in industry.  Trapped starts with a cute love story and believe me I couldn't stop but smile throughout the scenes, those love sequences are high on wits and humour and helps you to connect with the character at very beginning of the movie. What is about to come next is something you all know by trailer itself that he, unfortunately, gets trapped himself in an apartment of an abandoned building with no basic resources for living and then his fight for survival starts. As story has given very limited circumstances, it surely breaks continuity of flow, you can find some dull moment here and there. But, there are many edge to seat moments which completely mess up with your mind. Specially, talking about the climax scene where protagonist escape the building, that scene was most chilling and uncomfortable to watch for me, I could have felt my palm sweating and there was huge nervousness, that's what I say caught up with the scene moment. Anyway. Story is quite favourable to situation, runtime could have been trimmed by few minutes though.

Rajkumar Rao proving himself a method-actor and if nothing else to be boastful about him, you can observe shape of his body in film, how drastically it changes day by day cause of all the suffering he is going through in his crucial days. He is setting up benchmark, and touching new heights. If for nothing, you need to watch this film for the madness Rajkumar has brought in his performance to the film.  
2. Ratatouille (2007): 8/10  A beautiful animation film. Again, this film is highly talked and loved animation film among moviegoer for its very imaginative story and wonderful storytelling. Surely, a delightful watch.
asked Mar 25, 2017 in General by Ankit 007 Assistant Director (51,143 points)
72% Accept Rate

8 Answers

+3 votes

Hmmm this week no movies...

Marvels Iron Fist [2017] = 4/10 [very disappointing.]

I remember telling you that I went 40mins late to watch Resident Evil The Final Chapter. So tried to watch the first 40mins instead could only manage 10mins. That boring it was.

Watched the last 30mins for Masoom with parents. Well had the urge to listen to Tujhse Naaraz Nahi Zindagi so.

Watched a Tamil short film Ka.Pi & found it to be very cute. Won't be rating it.

answered Mar 25, 2017 by suhas All Time best! (250,746 points)

How come you still be watching a 1:45 minutes of movie if you didn't get to watch its first minutes that's too with all the money spending on it. That sounds so insane. And, you never told me that you were late. :p

And, how come you watched Marvel Iron Fist and still say no movies this week.

+2 votes
  1. Doctor Strange (6/10) - Your average entertaining Marvel flick.
  2. Kung-Fu Yoga (4/10) - I don't like Jackie Chan movie, still watched it being an Indochinese movie and that it starred Disha Patani. Movie was dull and predictable and comedy scenes are not funny.
  3. John Wick Chapter 2 (7/10) - Bloody entertaining adrenaline rush! Its a fast faced action thriller full of style and charm! I enjoyed it more than the previous chapter.
  4. Beauty & the Beast (6.5/10) - It was a good theater experience. The 3D version has worked well otherwise the animated version was a masterpiece and it fall much behind of that.
  5. London Has Fallen (3/10) - Don't know why the hell I was watching it, maybe because I enjoyed Olympus Has Fallen, but this was pure bullshit and by far the worst vfx Hollywood movie I have ever seen.
    Movie of the week -
answered Mar 25, 2017 by Criminal Director (134,871 points)

And, how did you find Disha Patani in this movie? Any use of her or just a space filler?

Her presence is beautiful, not strong..

+2 votes

Ufff lot of movies this week
Return of raju 5/10
(Soggade Chinni Nayana )
Badrinath ki dulhania 2/10
Doctor strange 7/10
The good dinasour 6/10
Jolly llb 8/10
Guardians of the galaxy 8/10
Transformers 9/10
Fast and furious 6 9/10
Ardaas 10/10
Assassin's creed 4/10
Panic room 8/10
Fast and furious 3 6/10
Sing 6/10
Movie of the week- ARDAAS

answered Mar 25, 2017 by SSk Production Accountant (23,902 points)

Transformers 9. Strange. Ardaas felt like drag in many scene. Though some were perfect.

Well actually Transformers is like a typical masala film from bollywood I have given it 9 bcoz it was entertaining with cool action and somewhat decent story
Ardaas is little dragged but still its way better than the regular rom-com's of punjabi cinema something new teaching life lessons
Comedy and emotional both scenes worked out perfectly for me
Also i was taken aback when i got to know that gippy has directed it

+2 votes

Inception (for nth time) : 9/10

answered Mar 25, 2017 by God Father Production Accountant (21,500 points)
+2 votes

Terminator 3- 8/10
Dil Chahta Hai-9/10
Dil to Pagal Hai-8/10
OUATIM- 8/10

answered Mar 25, 2017 by Sanal Star (140,652 points)
+2 votes

Beauty and the beast- 6/10
Garam masala- 3.5/5

answered Mar 25, 2017 by Intense Producer (107,257 points)
+2 votes

Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander-4.5/5

answered Mar 26, 2017 by puneetshukla Producer (101,363 points)
+1 vote
  1. Rogue One : A Star Wars Story - 8/10
    Finally watched it and its Fan to speak. A Rogue which gave Hope. Goosebumps. Loved it Af. Ready for E08. May the force be with us.

2. Badrinath Ki Dulhania - 3/10
    Story of a Frog and Alia. Thunderbird explain it quite well.

Movie of The Week : Rogue One

answered Mar 29, 2017 by Charlie Jatinder Super-star (166,905 points)

Related questions

+6 votes
2 answers 103 views
+4 votes
6 answers 197 views