Registrations are open for a very limited time. Logging in Errors

Donate to the forum

All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

63,503 questions

236,786 answers

286,124 comments

385 users

IPL Auction: Ben stokes becomes the most expensive player this season. Sold to Pune for 14.5crores! Views?

+3 votes
I feel its a bad buy, the guy would be hardly playing 8-10matches, might have to go back for the home series against ireland.
asked Feb 19 in Sports Related by Intense Cinematographer (97,990 points)
91% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

RPSG the team i hate the most just because of M.S. Dhoni going to suffer more by investing that much amount for the players who are not even available for entire season..
Most of the team making the same mistakes again & again , they are not trying to cover-up the weaknesses they have...
Like RPSG needs good Indian players who can fill the gap if overseas players are not available or out of form...

answered Feb 19 by deepak_bishty Director (124,823 points)
selected Feb 19 by Intense

Stokes is bought by RPSG not RCB..!!

RCB bought T Mills for 12 crs

Sorry in confusion i have waste my valuable 15 minute...

Bhai waste hai, 12cr is a hell lot for mills. injury prone hai. might break down after 3 matches. He has a degenerative back condition. Cant take too much stress.

+1 vote

He would be available for whole 14 matches but still he took all advantage of being the most valuable player in the bid otherwise he doesn't deserve more than 7-8 cr...Same for Tymal Mills

answered Feb 20 by puneetshukla Cinematographer (99,664 points)

He might not be. The english season starts with home matches against ireland. He might be called back.

+1 vote

He was hot favourite.... lets see what he does....

answered Feb 20 by Boxofficemaan Assistant Director (43,515 points)
0 votes

It's a good buy but only if stokes can play all matches. He is a big hitter and can bowl decent as well.

answered Feb 20 by sanjeev11 Second Unit Director (79,923 points)

Yeh ben stokes ne hi chaar chhakke khaaye the from Braithwaite...............

@Intense-Don't Preassume Things Bro.. Ireland Odi Series is starting from 7th May and till that Time He would already play 11-12 matches Atleast and most Probably England gonna send 2nd String to play against Ireland so he would be available for whole season ... Anyways RPSG is doomed..Their side is too weak

@baazigar: stuart broad ne to 6 chakke khaye thai. It doesnt make him an average bowler.

@ intense: may be they figured out stokes wont be called for games against Ireland.

@puneet: rpsg is not too weak. They are a decent team that can perform if managed well like SRH did last season. Dhoni is a captain who needs a great squad to perform. Lets see if Smith can perform with a decent team. Rahane, FAf, smith, stokes, dhoni, ashwin, dinda. They can play marsh, khawaja or zampa. This is not bad if they can work as a team. Bowling seems weak so I think they will play zampa who had a good record in ipl last season in a few matches he played. Their bowling will rely too much on ashwin and zampa otherwise they not too bad.

Stokes is available to play all games.

Related questions

+2 votes
4 answers 148 views
+2 votes
3 answers 206 views
+2 votes
1 answer 70 views