Jolly LLB became the third highest opening weekend for an Akshay Kumar starrer. The business picked up in India to record a good weekend but Overseas could not fare well with business around $2.3 million. North America was $775,000 and Gulf was $825,000 while other markets were dull. The film was released in Pakistan on Friday but was reported to be banned thereafter due to some Kashmir issue.
The highest Worldwide opening for an Akshay Kumar starrer is Housefull 3 by a margin and the only film to be around 100 crore Worldwide in three days. Raees is way ahead this year with a 133 crore Worldwide total in three days. Kaabil was 59 crore. Below are the top first Akshay Kumar opening weekends Worldwide..
1. Housefull 3 - 99,73,48,000
2. Rustom - 86,80,27,000
3. Jolly LLB 2 - 82,00,00,000 apprx
4. Brothers - 80,90,96,000
5. Airlift - 78,08,25,000
6. Singh Is Bling - 77,46,17,000
7. Rowdy Rathore - 71,38,15,500
8. Housefull 2 - 70,13,74,500
9. Holiday - A Soldier Is Never Off Duty - 66,15,40,000
10. Gabbar Is Back - 62,23,45,500