• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
23 Online
6 Member And 17 Guest
+1 vote
asked in Old by Costume designer (1.2k points)
22% Accept Rate

5 Answers

+2 votes

Well how Box Office is tracked in India. That's 1st thing you need to know. Every Tracker (We have only one I.e. BOI) has its sources I.e. Distributors. They report the figures to BOI and BOI report them to us. Though there are various Internal Controls which BOI follows.

Now why BOI is to believed because I tried getting figures from Distributor and whatever I received was similar to BOI. Though there are few differences to the extent of 1-5% which can be ignored.

Rentrak tracked few films in India over last two years & their figures were same as that of BOI. Rentrak tracked Mohenjo-Daro in India and as it happens there was no discrepancy in that film's figures.

answered by Star (159k points)
0 votes

OK. which film has the highest grossing opening day?

answered by Assistant Director (46.4k points)
0 votes

No of screens, ticket prices and occupancy report of HNY opening day makes me believe boi. com though I am not satisfied with their verdicts of Andaz APNA APNA and Ra. 1

answered by Production Designer (13.9k points)
0 votes

Film Kraft might not be 100% correct.but even boi.com is not.What is it's reach?There are 10000 theatres in India,can they track atleast 300 theatres?No chance.they just estimate everything and provide figures.simple to say,they don't like hrithik .They just want to lower him in such a way that he shouldn't be in top 5.
India ka chodo,how can they reduce bang bang overseas collection by nearly 1.5 million ?Do they have tracking in overseas too?Lol..
May be Krish3 collection would not be 244 CR,but definitely it's not 175cr ,it would be some where around 210cr including dubbing version similarly kaabil will also be sum wer around 62-63cr..

answered by Costume designer (1.1k points)

Krrish 3 hindi 198 crore...................

Yes but then again why it happens with HR movies only?

No related questions found