- Dangal has emerged the biggest hit of the year after its second Saturday business. The film was always likely to cross the NETT figures of Sultan after its huge Friday but the Saturday business confirms the share of Sultan will be crossed unless there is some big downturn in week three.
- Dangal had a share of 104 crore apprx in the first week and by the end of week two it is looking to be close to 150 crore and Sultan was 158 crore and that 8 crore should easily be covered after week two.
- The second Saturday collections look to be in the 23 crore nett range which takes the second weekend to 41 crore nett.
- Dangal has a nine day total of 233 crore nett plus and by the end of the weekend it will be in a similar range to Dhoom 3 (261 cr) which is the fourth highest grossing Hindi film of all time.
- The second Saturday is also a record easily beating the 19 crore nett second Saturday record of Bajrangi Bhaijaan and by quite a margin. The growth on Saturday will be around 25-30% which is huge at the levels the film is collecting. the second weekend is a certain all time record which is held by Bajrangi Bhaijaan at 55.5 crore nett.
- The film is tax free in three states at the moment and there are a couple more waiting. Delhi city and Maharashtra going tax free would boost the NETT collections further but it remains to be seen if they do get the exemption.