With emergence of Multiplexes in Punjab, collection of Punjabi & Bollywood films have increased manifold in past 5 years. Big Punjabi films are now breaching ₹1cr mark in East Punjab with Diljit Dosanjh starrer going par ₹2cr even. An year back it was just Diljit vs Diljit game but now there are 2 more players in game, namely Amrinder Gill & Ammy Virk. Although Diljit still leads with 6 films in Top 10 but Ammy Virk has made his presence felt with his recent Nikka Zaildar & Bambukat scoring big competing with Bollywood biggies.
Following are Top 10 Pollywood Openers
- Sardaar Ji 2 (2016) : ₹2.75cr
- Sardaar Ji (2015) : ₹2.5cr
- Ambarsariya (2016) : ₹2.1cr
- Bambukat 2016) : ₹1.51cr
- Jatt & Juliet 2 (2013) : ₹1.5cr
- Punjab 1984 (2014) : ₹1.25cr
- Disco Singh (2014) : ₹1.20cr
- Angrej 2015) : ₹1.15cr
- Nikka Zaildar (2016) : ₹1.1cr
- Love Punjab (2016) : ₹1cr
There are 5 films in Top 10 from year 2016 which shows the business growth that has come. One other film that may join the list this year is sequel to Punjabi biggest grosser Chaar Sahibzaade. List will be updated once that film release or there is any other addition to list.