18. kashyap123 - 66 points
  19. Maniac01 - 62 points
  20. Irdwhelp - 60 points
  21. Invincible - 60 points
  22. Greek God - 52 points
  23. power - 51 points
  24. Sanal - 49 points
  25. Santosh - 43 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

67.7k questions

256k answers

312k comments

1.1k users

+6 votes

YRF before Blockbuster Darr

Daag: A Poem of Love : Super Hit

Kabhi Kabhie : Hit

Doosra Aadmi Hit

Noorie : Super Hit

Kaala Patthar : Average

Nakhuda : Flop

Silsila Average

Sawaal : Flop

Mashaal : Average

Faasle : Flop

Vijay : Flop

Chandni : Super Hit

Lamhe :  Flop

Aaina : Average

From 1973-2009 YRF had 6 Blockbusters 5 starring King Khan & DDLJ which actually is twice bigger Hit than Dhoom 3 & Sultan.This is the reality you haters you lols.Collaboration of YRF & King the Biggest.

in Movies by All Time best! (284k points)
88% Accept Rate

2009-2010 mein jab doosre khans picture mein aaye tab unke saath kaam kiya.2006 mein Hrithik ke saath Dhoom Machayi due to which Dhoom 3 became ATB

Yrf's highest grosser with each Khan....

Salman- 301cr (SULTAN).

Aamir- 260cr (Dhoom 3).

Galaxy Gigastar- 101cr (jthj).

What? Ddlj is twice bigger hit than Sultan!!! Are u serious??? Sultan's nett collections- 301cr ddlj adjusted nett collections- 444cr. Then how does ddlj bcm twice bigger hit than SULTAN???

3 Answers

+2 votes

Even Dharma never had big blockbuster other then Starring SRK except YJHD ......... Yash Raj and Dharma are what today all because of Amithab And SRK....

by Assistant Director (43.4k points)
+2 votes

King Khan.... Naam hi kafi Hai....

by Executive Producer (64.8k points)
0 votes

Arre uncle 5 blockbuster toh yrf ne hi diye hain srk ko aisa bolo
Yrf have given hits with everyone. Rani, aysuhman, sushant rajput, arjun kapoor
Woh log srk ke mohtaaj nahi hai aur nahi rahenge.. abhi anhi toh flop di hai gobar king ne unke banner se

by Unit Manager (32.5k points)

No Seriously Just Go Through Older Verdicts. A Devdas Which Was Sold At Some 16-20cr Earned Share Of 24cr But Is Only Hit Because Of Stricter Trade Then. Whereas Dabbang 2 Is Given Blockbuster At Just 80cr Share From Sone 70cr Price. Isnt It A Joke. A Ready Get Same At 64cr Share From 50cr Aqquisition. Bodyguard Is Legimite At 80cr Approx From 55cr While Kick Again Gets Mere 118cr From 90cr Price Approx.

Chennai Express Earned 114cr From 70-75cr While Another 50cr From Overseas From 30cr Price. Only Doubt Which One Can Put Is Regarding RA.ONE Which Was Sold At 77cr WW & Earned 87-90cr WW Approx.

All I Wanna Say That Pre 2006 Era Films Verdict Cant Be Compared With Today Ones. But When These Fan Boys Says My Star Has 12 Blockbusters I Just Want To Put That 3 Of These 12 Arent Even Near To Being Called Blockbusters. While If You Put Them In That Category Then There Are Around 3-5 Films Which can Be Given Blockbusters On Today Trade. Guess What Amitab May Even Hit 5'-10 ATBBs if Todays Verdict System Is followed.

Down South ABO Follows Following Method Which I Kinda Like.
Double Blockbuster : 200% Of Distribution Price
Blockbuster : 150%
Super Hit : 125%
Hit : 102.5%
Semi Hit : 95%
Average : 90%
Flop : 80%
Disaster : 60%
Double Disaster : <50%

Even Dilwale And Jai Ho Are Outrighf Flop In india As there Returns Were Around 75% & 70% In India While Dilwale Is ATBB Overseas Jai Ho Is Flop There Too. Talaash Is Around 85-90% Return.

Sultan Return Is Around 160-175% In Worldwide. While Bajrangi Was Somewhere Around 190-200% Whereas PK Exceeds 220%. Now When You Put Devdas, Prades And Baazigar In These Verdicts They Will Be Blockbusters While Karan arjun And K3G will Get ATBB.

Again you telling india share of salman movies and ww share of srk movies.
I dont understand that much of inside trade but I know that devdas was a mega budget flick and it did not do much more than its budget. Thats why at 178 hny is a SH and prdp a mere hit at 194 even though having footfalls of 2.30 cr which many blockbusters had

I Have Given WW Shares Where Deal Was WW While Domestic Shares Where Deal Was Domestic.

Comeon Man I Gave You Right Of Devdas I.e. 16-20cr And its Distributor Share Is 24cr. Its Plain Blockbuster If Compared With Verdict given To Ready Or Bodyguard.

Again You Are Missing Main Thing
All I Wanna Say That Pre 2006 Era Films Verdict Cant Be Compared With Today Ones. But When These Fan Boys Says My Star Has 12 Blockbusters I Just Want To Put That 3 Of These 12 Arent Even Near To Being Called Blockbusters. While If You Put Them In That Category Then There Are Around 3-5 Films Which can Be Given Blockbusters On Today Trade.

Okay your argument can be valid but other than Salman no one has really has really given those kind of collections.
You have seen those posts bollywood vs salman
Its not as if varun dhawan has given a string of blockbusters! It is still a daunting task to deliver a BB. You are just undermining what Salman has done.
I can say that budget of devdas was so high thats why it was a hit. Its not only share that you keep in mind while giving verdicts. It is everything. Opening, trending, share, position among all time grossers. This all leads to a BB verdict.
Ready was third highest all time grosser at that time. Bodyguard was second. Ett was second. Kick was second.
I dont think devdas was was among even top 5. Look at prdp.. its gross footfalls is more than a BB krrish 3 but it is just a hit because of budget and was not in top 5 highest grossers and we accept that. Its time you also do

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer 15 views
+6 votes
4 answers 154 views