Mohenjo Daro had a poor first week as it grossed around 50 crore nett. The film was average on Sunday and Monday but both days were holidays and after Monday the film dropped badly. The film is the fourth highest first week for Hrithik Roshan. Below are the all time top ten first weeks of Hrithik Roshan.
1. Krrish 3 (2013) - 121.22 crore
2. Bang Bang (2014) - 107.94 crore
3. Agneepath (2012) - 81.37 crore
4. Mohenjo Daro (2016) - 50.00 crore
5. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011) - 44.71 crore
6. Kites (2010) - 37.58 crore crore
7. Dhoom 2
2006) - 32.00 crore
8. Krrish (2006) - 29.30 crore
9. Jodhaa Akbar (2008) - 21.83 crore
10. Guzaarish (2010) - 21.54 crore
The film is in fourth position by default mainly due to the thin volume of work by Hrithik Roshan. The first week business is less than 50% of his Krrish 3 and Bang Bang and that sums up how badly it has gone wrong. Hrithik Roshan has had two 100 crore nett plus first weeks in his last two films and this is a big step backwards.
The business on Sunday and Monday saved it being a box office disaster. There was a big drop on Tuesday and it will drop further on day eight with 60 crore nett probably being the final result of the film. The film also suffered Overseas with less business than Jodhaa Akbar which had the same actor / director combination.