Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

67,032 questions

251,707 answers

307,986 comments

396 users

A movie made with simplicity, graciousness and artistry. 20 Years Of Khamoshi.

+3 votes

asked Aug 8, 2016 in Movie Discussions by suhas All Time best! (260,862 points)
100% Accept Rate

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

I really like Khamoshi and its one of my favourite films. There was so much emotions in this films which was handled very well as Sanjay makes you care for the main characters. Plus, the romance and chemistry from Salman & Manisha was superb unlike these days where filmakers rely too much on kissing scenes.

Nana Patekar gives a terrfic performance by putting his heart and soul into the film. Playing a deaf character is very hard but Nana did a good with his body langauge.

Manisha Koirala looks pretty and gives a brillant performance. I really like the character she was potraying. She's a sweet innocent woman that you would want to embrace and fall in love with in this movie.

Salman Khan was very good as well and suits his role.

The songs were brilliant. My favourite is Aaj Mein Upar & Bahon Ke Darmiyan.

--

I can't believe this film Flopped when it should have been declared a Blockbuster. It's far better than Raja Hindustani which did well because it released on Diwali.

answered Aug 9, 2016 by Nikeel Production Designer (15,569 points)
selected Aug 10, 2016 by suhas
–1 vote

......the worst of bhansali........there is no such thing to celebrate here...

answered Aug 9, 2016 by Kabir Production Accountant (27,036 points)

Worst of Bhansali & you name this?

That's why Devdas, Ram-Leela, Saawariya & to an extent Guzaarish exist my friend...

Every other movie Bhansali has directed has to match the two top films in non-commercial category - Khamoshi & Black.... Commercial front, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam will lead.

Anyways it would be nice if you watch Guzaarish for real. The way it should be watched not taking glances for the sake of it.

....so u now think khamoshi is better thn devdas guzaarish nd even ramleela...n u think v wud believe u despite knowing ur infamous 9/10 rating for dabangg2 haHA? anywayss devdas leads as far as commercial aspect is concerned....while d non-commercial spect a subjective thing.....

Oh you're quoting "v".... Bringing Dabangg 2... Chalo that would just be the way of you accepting that you're never going to be bigger than my ego.

Non-commercial part conveniently becomes subjective huh !!! Remember we were talking about quality cinema & not box office when the terms "commercial & non-commercial" were used.

Anyways, it's sweet that you brought up Dabangg 2... Feels nice to see someone else falling on their face without me having to make an effort & feels even more great to see someone bow down to my ego. Kids..

You've got bad taste in movies. Khamoshi is better than Devdas & Ram Leela. Both movies are the worst of Bhansali. They were pure garbage, in fact both films are so crap it makes Khamoshi a classic