Logging in Errors

Name And Rate Movie You've Watched (12th June - 18th June). Also Choose Movie Of The Week. Week 122. Udta Punjab week. Drug Di Maa Di.

+4 votes
1. Masoom (1983) : 8/10 Wondering why did Shekhar Kapoor left directing movie, he is such a talented director and have brilliant movies in his filmography. Masoom is another work from his filmography that I loved and regret watching it so lately. Story and its depiction is so lucid, yet high on emotions like there is Anand. And no doubt, Nasiruddin Sah and Shabana Azmi are two diamonds of this movie. Became one of my favourite classic.  
2. Godmother (1999) : 6/10 Seems like a low budget movie, but entertaining in many parts. Game of politics and misuse of power is nothing new to the story, but Shabana Azmi power packed performance is there to amaze me. There is no one can be Shabana Azmi, she is a gift to film industry. Always love watching her.
Will watch UP in weekdays.
asked Jun 18, 2016 in General by Ankit 007 Assistant Director (51,482 points)
71% Accept Rate

5 Answers

+1 vote

.....udta punjab 2/5
the good the bad & the ugly 4/5
there vl be blood 3/5...........
motw - tgtb&tu

answered Jun 18, 2016 by Kabir Production Accountant (26,657 points)
+1 vote

Teen-3.75/5....2mrw I am gonna watch conjuring2 and UP

answered Jun 18, 2016 by Navoarsenal All Time best! (267,373 points)
+1 vote

Only slb movies
Hum Dil De chuke Sanam -8.5/10(One of salman's best)
Black -10/10(2nd fav bollywood movie after Anand)
Devdas - 9/10(Watched 3 times this week)

answered Jun 18, 2016 by Bhootnathh Unit Manager (37,616 points)

Plus all three movies have a beautiful soundtrack nd background score is a perfect 10 for all three...

+1 vote

Here I go...

1. Udta Punjab [2016] = 6/10 [A bit lenient. Performances are top notch. Asusual second half is the culprit. Unnecessary humour & romantic angle totally diluted the impact. Does this count as my 1st Punjabi film in theatre? Thanks to the English subtitles that read fcuker for every Punjabi cuss word whether it meant it or not.]
  2. Finding Dory 3D [2016] = 6/10 [Not lenient, a hard 6 it is. Also Piper short film which was shown before the movie was better than the movie itself.]
    '
    First Time Watches = Both of them.

Movie(s) of the week = Might as well recommend them both.

answered Jun 18, 2016 by suhas All Time best! (258,502 points)

So you watch it. Have your word on diljit.

He was very good.. His character gets routine & sidelined in the second half giving a bit more footage to Shahid who impressed me more. But very confident actor, Diljit is.

+1 vote

The Week I Eagerly Waited For Two Reasons.
1. Diljit's Debut
2. Its Anurag Vs CBFC Result By Audience
And Thankfully Both Pass With Flying Colors. Congrats For 1st Super Hit By Anurag & Team.

So Here We Go.

1. Udta Punjab

Udta Punjab : Faddu Film On Fuddus

Punjab Known As Land Of 5 Rivers Witnessed Rise Of 6th Stream Which Flooded Punjab Mainland And Destroyed A Significant Portion Of Its Flora Of Youth.
The 6th River Here Is River Of Drugs.

Udta Punjab Is Great Attempt To Show A Small Part Of Drug Mafia In Punjab. Its Story Of A Drug Addict Punjabi Pop Star Tommy Singh, A Cop Whose Eyes Open On Verge Of Loosing His Brother, A Bihari Hockey Girl Who Face Something Really Nasty In Search Of Accha Tyme And A Lady Doctor On Mission Of Rehabilitation Of Drug Victims & Putting A Dam Over This 6th River.
All These Four Makes The Story Of Film Which You Need To See.

What Works
Let Me Directly Move To Positives Of Film.
1. Abhishek Chaubey, Thank You For This Brilliant 160 Minute Ride. Take A Bow Man.
2.Performances By Alia Bhatt, Diljit Dosanjh & Shahid Kapoor Are Worth Your Ticket. All Three Deserves Awards In Their Respective Categories.
3. Movie Make You Laugh, Sad And Wonder On The Intense Issue. This Is Film's Biggest Positive That Even Though Its Theme Is Anti Drugs But It Never Turns Preachy.
4. Being Punjabi, I Would Like To Thank Phantom For Showing On Screen What Punjab Really Looks Like Not Artificial Bollywood Punjab.
5. Music Is Brilliant And So Is BGM
6. Not A Single Negative So Far From My Side
7. Dialogues. Hats Off To Dialogue Writers For Writing Best Of Their Punjabi Lines. It Always Felt Too Awkward And Bad In Films Set In Punjab & Speaking Wannabe Punjabi. Zameen Banjar Te Aulaad Kanjar Like Dialogues Are Standout.

What May Not Work
Anyone Who Understand Punjabi Will Not Complain But Ones Who Dont Might Not Get To Local Lingos Which Are Actually Brilliant.

Watch Or Not
Its A Must Must Watch From My Side. As I Said, Performances Itself Deserves Your Ticks. Secondly Watch It For Indian Cinema & Anurag Kashyap And Team. They Deserve Your Money.

Rating : ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/10 (⭐ Bonus For Diljit Dosanjh)

Thats All For Week. Going For Either Finding Dory Or Udta Punjab Again Today. Sardaar Ji 2 Will Be There Next Week.

Movie Of The Week : B.C. Upar Dikhda Nahi Tenu

answered Jun 18, 2016 by Charlie Jatinder Super-star (167,390 points)
edited Jun 25, 2016 by Charlie Jatinder

Related questions

+7 votes
10 answers 218 views
+4 votes
9 answers 218 views