• Register
Logging in Errors

Donate to the forum

All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.2k questions

240k answers

291k comments

394 users

+2 votes
Arjun Kapoor says No Superstar or even a Star Should do 4 Films a Year as It Saturates the Audience as well as the trade market and it is not right for any Bollywood actor.
Actor Arjun Kapoor who is currently gearing up for the release of KI and KA in an interview for film promotion revealed that it is not easy to do four films a year. The actor also feels that Tevar failed not because it was a bad film, but because it was his fourth film in one calender year.
“I had 4 releases, Gunday, 2 States, Finding Fanny and Tevar within a span of one year and i think it is not the right way to do films. Audiences got an overdose of Arjun Kapoor and that is one of the reason why Tevar did not do well. Audiences had seen me in Finding Fanny just 3 months back, and likewise it kept on happening. It is not right to deliver 4 films in 1 year. It saturates the audiences as well as the market. Audiences hold on to a film for 3 4 months especially when a film does well.” said Arjun.
asked in Movie Discussions by Second Unit Director (73.3k points)
94% Accept Rate

thnx for the guidance Arjun sir.............cz of ur experience, ur words matter a lot

3 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Yes I agree with his statement that four films a year affect boxoffice collection as well as curiosity, audience get devided because a family can't afford to pay 8000-1000rs. for a single star every year and in this case your film should have good content to be a big grosser because even if the film was just decent half of the people leave it for TV premier, I too believe policy of multiple film every year hurt a star if content is not up to the mark, so akshay sir should release three films a year at most but as a fan on the other side we got a chance to watch him multiple times on big screen every year, even a wait of 4-5months is too much for me and for most of the akkians I think, so I think its better we leave it to the stars as everyone has their own way of working. For arjun Kapoor he has a long way to go because you need a establish fan base for getting initials regularly.

answered by Assistant Director (41.2k points)
selected by

yeah me to as a fan very very happy about Akshaykumar films coming every 3 months . frankly i dont want him to stop this .

Yes bro, I can't even imagine to wait a year for akshay Kumar starter.

+2 votes

I agree with him but his excuse of Tevar not doing well is wrong. It was a mindless masala movie which audience ignored rightfully. Admit it, Idiot Kapoor!

answered by Assistant Director (48k points)
+1 vote

He is 100% right. thats the only reason behind Akshay's filmography. But he still sticks into it.

answered by Production Accountant (21.3k points)