Is Rajamouli's 'Baahubali' not a genuine industry hit? Strangely, fans of all heroes arguing 'Baahubali' is not a genuine industry hit according to parameters set by them. Given below are the reasons for their strange opinion.
* 'Baahubali' was marketed in an abnormal means of promotions. A media baron, himself, involved promoting the movie more than like anything pumping in Rs.70 crores on the project.
* The movie had not faced tough competition from the likes of the movies of Pawan Kalyan, Mahesh and Ram Charan. The makers got a rare opportunity of running their movie without any big opposition for two to three weeks.
* As of now, only two to three benefit shows were permitted for big heroes. However, 'Baahubali' got special permission from government to screen benefit shows across both the Telugu states and they were added to first day's collections. As such, abnormal collections were recorded to the movie.
* Ticket prices were hiked abnormally for many days. In AP and Telangana, ticket prices were hiked to 25% to 50%. In Overseas ticket prices were fixed as $25. Ticket prices for other movies here are $12 to $14. In Karnataka ticket rates were doubled.
* For the first time in the history of Tollywood, collections are shown in gross. In fact, 40% of which neither goes to the pockets of the makers nor to the exhibitors.
* Rajamouli, though, was appreciated for his command on VFX, he received brick bats on story and screen play.
* Unlike other industry hits, the movie has no good number of repeat audiences.
* It is a common practice hero dominating any industry hit movie as of now. However, 'Baahubali' is completely dominated by Rajamouli such that fans of other heroes are taking the movie lightly.
*Last but not the least, Baahubali movie Footfalls(ticket sales) were even lesser than Nithin's Debut movie 'JAYAM' which was released way back in 2002.