18. SSk - 95 points
  19. Suhas - 86 points
  20. shajandeepu - 70 points
  21. Rocsky - 68 points
  22. Nikeel - 56 points
  23. suraj.j - 56 points
  24. mr.hola - 56 points
  25. Sanal - 54 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

69.1k questions

262k answers

320k comments

1.3k users

Categories

+3 votes
Shah Rukh Khan’s Darr was a mistake – I could have put my foot down but i didn’t as i do not want the film shoot be affected, says Sunny Deol.

It has been around 20 years since the release of Darr, but Sunny Deol still has not got the film out of his mind. The actor, who felt betrayed by Shah Rukh Khan and Yash Chopra in the film, in an interview to a leading daily revealed that Darr was a mistake. He said,

“No. I have done so many films with so many actors. That time due to respect I gave in, but ek galti ho gayi toh thodi na baar baar aadmi karega. Par yeh nahi ki main kaam karne se rook jaunga, lekin mein galti nahi hone doonga. I can also put my foot down, there I didn’t, and I let it go, so that was my mistake. I would love to work with any actor, it would be great fun.”

Sunny Deol’s next film Bhaiyaji Superhit releases in late 2016.

http://www.talkingmoviez.com/shah-rukh-khans-darr-was-my-biggest-mistake-sunny-deol/
in Opinion by Star (149k points)
90% Accept Rate

5 Answers

+6 votes

Best answer

From his point of view, he's right. Afterall he has every right to be angry for the film turning out to be different than the narration he received before signing the film.
It's a known fact that after being impressed by Srk's performance while filming, Yashji gave more emphasis on Srk's character than Sunny Deol.
Aamir Khan had refused the film only because Yashji didn't agree to have a joint-narration with Sunny Deol. But also it was Aamir Khan who had suggested Shah Rukh to take up the role.
In the end, Sunny Deol getting upset with Yash Chopra is fair. But not with Shah Rukh & even Sunny plays it diplomatically saying he's happy to work with anybody & has no problems. Shah Rukh cannot be blamed because he got a very good role & he gave his 100% to the role. You can't get upset over an actor for acting well.
Excerpts from Aamir's 1994 interview,
Interviewer: Do you regret your decision of walking out of Darr?
Aamir Khan: One, I did not walk out of Darr. I was removed from the film. Two, I was removed from the film because I asked for a joint narration with Sunny Deol. Initially, the director agreed, but later I don't know why he changed his mind. When I persisted, he phoned to say 'Aamir, let's work some other time.' So I said, 'Fine'.
A different version revealed in 2013...
"It was around 4:30 am and I still remember that (ironically!) Aamir Khan, SRK, Gauri and I were standing in Salman's compound when Aamir told Shah Rukh about a narration he heard the previous day. Though he refused the film, he strongly felt that Shah Rukh was perfect for the role and urged him to call up Yash Chopra for the same," Shabina said

by All Time best! (263k points)
selected by

Wow.Thanks for sharing.

+5 votes

Actually Sunny should shut up here coz When Yashji Signed Sunny he was so big that he was asked to pick Hero or Villian..... He chose to be the Hero..........

by Second Unit Director (77.6k points)

for the first time you gave answer related to the post bravo

+3 votes

We he shouldnt say something like this when Yashji has passed away..
Why he signed Darr when he knew that Antagonist is also having prominent..
If someone other actor would have did it then Sunny would never had grudge against SRK or Yashji...It was SRK's act which made Villain into Hero..People felt for SRK ..
If it was some other actor then Rahul would have been Villain and not Hero..

by Director (133k points)

if i m not wrong then acc. to Sunny Deol narration was different, 'he was misled by Yash ji blah blah' ....even Aamir claimed something like that

+3 votes

For we srk fans it was not your mistake..... Our Srk rose to new heights only because he performed exceptionally well in front of mature and well known actor of that time.... Had you not starred in that film the film would have gone to any small actor. Hence, it wouldn't have made that much impact on srks career which it made due to you starred in it.
And anyway it didn't affected your career also. Your stardom was safe... You had given big hits after Darr also.
So, any Srk fan would thank you for giving recognition and taking out his best from Srk.

by Assistant Director (43.7k points)
+2 votes

Moral- SRK se panga bhot mehnga pdh skta hai.

by Casting Director (19.1k points)

Related questions

+5 votes
5 answers 886 views
+3 votes
3 answers 132 views