Logging in Errors

21st Century Sankranthi Blockbusters (TELUGU).

+2 votes

`Soggade Chinni Nayana` is having a super solid 1st week with Fulls aplenty even on weekdays. The film Trade predicts is now heading towards Blockbuster but it is sure to be a Super Hit!. There have been Many Hits and Super Hits in recent Past for Sankranthi but there are only very few Blockbusters which fetched huge profits. Here`s the list of Sankranthi Blockbusters in this 21st Century so far. 

YEAR TELUGU MOVIE HINDI REMAKE
KALISUNDAM RAA

KUCH TUM KAHO KUCH HUM KAHEIN (2003)
NARASIMHA NAIDU (ATBB)
-
NUVVU LEKA NENU LENU
-
OKKADU

TEVAR (2014)
VARSHAM
-
NUVVOSTANANTE NENODDANTANA

RAMAIYA VASTAVAIYA (2013)
ARUNDHATI
-

asked Jan 19, 2016 in Movie Discussions by suhas Mega Star (244,407 points)
99% Accept Rate

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

2015-Sankaranthi

Soggade chinni nayana-blockbuster
Nannaku prematho-average/above average
Express raja-hit/superhit
Dictator-flop

answered Jan 19, 2016 by lxbhsh Assistant Director (54,502 points)
selected Jan 19, 2016 by suhas

yet to watch SCN...

ha ha Dictator i don't even dare.........

0 votes

Well Three I Note Are Family Dramas. Kuch Tum Kaho Kuch Hum Kahe Is Really Sweet Film (If Sweet Is Right Word) And So Could Had Been Ramaiyaa Vastavaiya.
I Mean There Preauel Might Be Even Better.
Regarding SCN Saw A Poster You Share In Chatroom And It Too Seem Family Drama. So Family Dramas Are Good One I Guess On Sankranti.
PS : Was I Blockbuster Toon

answered Jan 19, 2016 by Charlie Jatinder Super-star (166,295 points)

I was a loss venture in Telugu dub version whereas it was Above Average in Tamil original.
Sankranthi / Pongal is one of the biggest festival here in South... Sankranthi for Kannada & Telugu ppl, Pongal for Tamilians.
Ofcourse family films are for festival audience. SCN is a family entertainer but it has fantasy (The dead father coming back coz Lord Yama permits) + the whole god angle too with the snake protecting the temple for generations. On the whole it was indeed an entertainer. It was for everyone - both masses & classes.
And not always family films win.. Okkadu was a big blockbuster, with all the action elements it was complete family entertainer too.. Varsham was more of an action+love story... Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana well you've seen Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya so no need to even go for Ramaiya Vastavaiya but it was a thorough family entertainer...
Balayya babu aka Balakrishna is the only one to give an all time Industry Hit aka ATBB in this festival. Narasimha Naidu was all about faction based action masala film.
Anushka Shetty though is the only one to give a Blockbuster with an Horror fantasy film during Sankranthi.