Abhiram (Jr. NTR) dad's final wish is to see the man who betrayed him destryed. So Abhiram has a mission in hand & that is make sure the billionaire Krishnamurthy Kautilya (Jagapathi Babu) is bankrupt. And he has only 30 days to achieve it. How does he do it forms the entire film.
Jr. NTR shines in his role which has everything to offer. He gets to show his emotional side with his father, romantic side with Divya (Rakul Preet Singh), gets couple of intense action scenes, dances like never before & his entire character is made to look so classy that he stays in character throughout without breaking into his usual mass hero mould. Kudos for achieving that. Rakul Preet Singh is good until her role is shabbily cut off towards the end of second half. Jagapathi Babu is exceptional as the villain, underplaying his character to perfection. Few dialogues are not clearly heard due to the bgm or not proper mixing otherwise Jagapathi Babu does full justice. Dr. Rajendra Prasad is alright. Madhoo is wasted in a badly written guest appearance.
1. Jr. NTR's new look as well as how the character stays classy throughout.
2. Father-son emotion again is very strongly expressed.
3. Action scene when Rakul is kidnapped in the first half. It's not just action, the beauty of Sukumar relating two important scenes together with same dialogue stands out.
4. Action scene in the 2nd half at the hospital parking lot. Intense, clever & satisfying. From here the movie raises to a different level.
5. The whole climax, simply superb. Mind games, all I.Q. put into work. Two thumbs up.
6. Jr. NTR's dancing in 2 songs. I wanna follow you really entertained.
1. Far too contrived or too technical for a common man to understand.
2. Too much talk about 26000 crores, 35000 crores, 40000 crores & even 1,00,000 crores. General Audience finding the connect in those scenes will not be that easy. Once these scenes are accepted then only the film can be truly appreciated. So this does work against the film.
3. Madhoo... This whole flashback simply does nothing.
4. Rakul Preet Singh's character gets stronger in the second half. Just when you think she'll play an important role, her character just vanishes just before the best scenes begin in the second half.
5. The runtime is too long. An intelligent screenplay like this should be narrated in 2 hours. But 2hrs 48mins seems way too long.
6. Mind blowing climax. Why it's in the minusses? Because masses in a Jr. NTR film except a dhamakedaar action climax. This is more dhamakedaar than any action scene would do but then it's all brains used in the climax & no muscle. Watching the pin drop silent audience on first day first show, I know for sure masses will find it too hard.
7. Too convenient in several scenes. Common for a Telugu film but this sort of convenience is something hard to accept right away when the characters are made to deal in 26000 crores.
My Verdict = 3/5 (Lenient for the good intention.)
Final Words = Sukumar's another over ambitious project misfires.
Extra thoughts = Looking at how audience sat through the whole movie I feel like it's a crime to make an intelligent film & release it on big festival or even have a big massy superstar to star in it. The expectations of the audiences seems to never raise higher.