+7 votes

http://www.boxofficecapsule.com/collection/DILWALE-Takes-Bumper-Opening-In-Overseas-Set-To-Open-Big-Tomorrow-In-India-4203?platform=hootsuite

The biggest clash of the year is now 2 days away and buzz around the event is tremendous. Trade expert to movie buff to common audience are going berserk about this much awaited clash between two biggies ''Bajirao Mastani'' and ''Dilwale''. And finally out in open as films released today in overseas markets. 

''Dilwale'' has received tremendous response from audience in advances. Film has taken superb start of 85% in Middle East and even other markets has started in similar way. Film should score big day one there despite huge release size of ''Bajirao Mastani'' in 800 plus screens. 

Film should take even bigger start tomorrow in India and it will be interesting to see whether it manages to beat ''Bjairao Mastani'' with some margin. Today evening High court will settle single screen owners versus Eros case which will give us clearer picture about screen size. 

asked in Box Office Related by Production Accountant (20.3k points)
97% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+4 votes

Best answer

Craze at overseas is unprecedented , its the first time i have seen such craze for a film in Gulf countries i have never seen such huge advance booking in gulf countries as its really difficult to find Tickets for the weekend... whereas my friend from uk said craze in uk is on another level , whereas USA is normal as buzz of Starwars is huge there, In Pakistan Dilwale is having a Pakistani to fight out but still it will beat pakistani film and might collect huge as advance booking is super awesome around 220 screens are allotted for dilwale in just Gulf Countries

Today we will get clear picture of screens still expecting min 3000 screens for Dilwale Tomorrow will be huge expecting 24 cr tomorrow

answered by Assistant Director (44.4k points)
selected by
+3 votes

insane craze bhai insane.......

answered by Casting Director (19.1k points)
+2 votes

Was surprised to see that Dilwale is not releasing today due to demand of Star Wars. Gotta catch it tomorrow. (Sydney, Australia)

answered by Camera Operator (9.1k points)

It was supposed to release on 18 only. Btw how is buzz among locals there. Though being punjabi dominated population i expect a low buzz as compare to pk d3 and bb.

BB buzz was similar to all Salman starrers, it was due to WOM that it ran great. Yes PK and D3 buzz was huge here. But im expecting good start from Dilwale. Among the people i know, they are eager for SRK+Kajol reunion. Biggest reason why Dilwale wont open as huge is due to star wars, which just started its boxoffice domination, breaking opening record here. There's also less shows per day here compared to PK, which was busy till New Years.

+2 votes

yes at my place occupancy was nearly 75-80% i watched bajrangi bhaijaan in almost sold out crowd but dilwale was little less so overall collection in uae will be less than bajrangi bhaijaan

answered by Camera Operator (10k points)

nope................

Related questions

0 votes
6 answers 431 views
431 views asked Jul 5, 2016 in Box Office Related by deepak_bishty Director (131k points)
+1 vote
2 answers 187 views
+6 votes
1 answer 203 views