+6 votes

Spectre released in the UK yesterday 26th October), but I had booked my IMAX tickets for it last month! My expectations were obviously extremely high because of Skyfall which, at the time, was touted as the best Bond film ever. Obviously it's nice for us to get to see the film before the rest of the world

Before I start, I'd like to say that I will keep this review short and basic because the film needs to be seen to be believed, and I don't want to reveal any plot details.

So, first of all, you might ask the question: is SPECTRE even better than Skyfall? Obviously people will have different answers to this, but my opinion can be summarised in one word: yes. The film keeps the "reality" of Skyfall, but adds even more entertaining elements. To name a few, there are more incredible action sequences, more interesting characters (Christoph Waltz!!!!), and loads more eye-candy (cars, girls, etc).

The only downside is that, at times, the film appears to over-indulge in some of the usual Bond fantasies, and this does slightly dilute a film that is otherwise extremely compelling. Also, Sam Smith's theme song ("Writing's on the Wall") is nowhere near as good as Adele's epic Skyfall tune.

Nevertheless, my rating for this film can be nothing other than 4.5/5.

P.S I've heard that this is the last time that Daniel Craig will play 007, which is unfortunate considering he has been the best Bond in many years. 

asked in Reviews by Assistant Director (49.8k points)
90% Accept Rate

edited by

3 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Thanks mate for the review, intact I m also planning to watch it at Imax this weekend

answered by Casting Director (16.5k points)
selected by
+1 vote

Thanks Raja....
Bond films are always spectacular/treat to watch.....

For me - Pierce Brosnan was the best bond character/role (more biased may be bcos watched my first Bond movie on big screen with him as a lead) ......

enter image description here
Took some time (to accept) for the transition from Pierce to Daniel...but nevertheless (whoever is the star) ...winner will always be :

"Its Bond...James Bond"

enter image description here

answered by Unit Manager (32.4k points)
0 votes

based on this review...im gonna consider the movie to be a disappointment

answered by Super-star (166k points)

Related questions

+1 vote
0 answers 41 views
41 views asked Nov 24, 2015 in Box Office Related by IrahX Assistant Director (42.3k points)
+9 votes
1 answer 104 views
+8 votes
1 answer 2.1k views