18. nitesh singh - 74 points
  19. Bollywood_on_d_Rocks - 74 points
  20. power - 73 points
  21. Suhas - 66 points
  22. mr.hola - 59 points
  23. Lambodar - 55 points
  24. God Father - 49 points
  25. Santosh - 46 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

68.6k questions

260k answers

318k comments

1.3k users

Categories

0 votes

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/virat-kohli-may-replace-ms-dhoni-as-skipper-for-south-africa-odis-report/549972-78.html

Virat Kohli may replace MS Dhoni as skipper for South Africa ODIs: report

Cricketnext Staff | Sep 09, 2015 at 09:38am IST

Dhoni has not played any match since the three ODIs in Dhaka in June and it is unclear whether the selectors have shared their captaincy plans with Dhoni or not.

Dhoni has not played any match since the three ODIs in Dhaka in June and it is unclear whether the selectors have shared their captaincy plans with Dhoni or not. 

Ahead of the BCCI Selection Committee meeting to pick India squad for the South Africa series, talks are growing that limited-overs skipper MS Dhoni might make way for Test captain Virat Kohli in ODIs as well, according to a report in The Indian Express.

The selectors are expected to meet somewhere around September 15 to pick the squad for the series that involves three T20 internationals, five ODIs and four Tests. The energy-sapping 72-day tour will begin with the limited-overs leg from October 2.

According to the newspaper, selectors think that different personalities and difference in captaincy styles between Kohli and Dhoni might affect the team in the long run and thus want Kohli to lead The in 50-overs format as well.

However, Dhoni might continue to lead India in T20s since India will be hosting the T20 World Cup next year and selectors think Dhoni is the right man in the shortest format of the game, especially so close to the pinnacle T20 tournament.

"Even in the previous selection meeting there were talks about Kohli being named captain for all formats. But it is also worth keeping in mind that Dhoni is the most successful India captain ever and Kohli is just finding his feet as far as captaincy goes. With India set to play mainly at home next year, it will only be an advantage for Kohli to take over the reins now rather than in an away series," a source told Indian Express. "Dhoni might continue to lead in T20s though."

It's unknown if the selectors will announce all three squads together or wait for the T20s and ODIs to finish before announcing the Test squad.

in Sports Related by All Time best! (285k points)
88% Accept Rate

5 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

It's a great decision if it happens. I don't see msd playing the world cup in 2019 under any circumstances. Msd has lots to offer as a pure wicketkeeper batsman, he souls play on till 2017 atleast and guide this young team. Virat has the potential and mark my words, he will take India to the top of the rankings in tests and odis.

by Star (140k points)
selected by
0 votes

Dhoni has been India's best captain till date....He is only 34...He should captain till Champions Trophy At least..I feel he can play till World Cup 19 as well....

by Second Unit Director (74.6k points)
0 votes

Hahaha lol, what a joke......

by Mega Star (213k points)
0 votes

i still believe Dhoni is AMAZING when it comes to captaincy, even in test matches! it's just the bowlers didn't bowled well in the series against australia and england!

by Camera Operator (8.4k points)
edited by

then why the same virat is struggling from last 3/4 years to win IPL, even with the best players of that form like - ABDV, Gayle and stark!

see Dhoni is better as a captain in both test as well as in One day internationals!

P.S your saying like they have beaten SA or aus; they have beaten a team like SL, which mostly has younger and unexperienced players!

bro luck plays its role too, virat will win an ipl title for sure, one of the most important facets of being a leader involves batting as well, msd has hardly looked good enough to even put bat to ball in overseas conditions( except the tour of england last year), msd is a legend and I want him to play the 2019 world cup, but purely as a batsman.

are u kidding, that Dhoni hasn't got runs in overseas; check your facts, dude!

1- Dhoni was the highest runs scorer in last two visits of team india in england; both last year as well as in 2011- where he got man of the series and didn't got out even once in the five match series!

2 - Dhoni was the highest runs scorer in last tour of south Africa- the whole Indian team was struggling and he was the only 1 who scored runs!

3- Dhoni had superb series in last commonwealth seriers against SL and AUS...actually he has always scored runs in SL and even in 2008, he was amazing in commonwealth series, in Aus!

4- he was the only who got runst against PAk in last series in india....even though the series was in india but the bowl was moving just too much....even in WI he has scored runs too win matches!

and he has equally impressive record in new zealand!

PS sorry, for the late replay, but i wasn't active that much!

Bro I was talking about his runs at test level overseas. Odi cricket men hes the king. I never deny that.

0 votes

Dhoni should retire from One Dayers as well..!!

by Star (151k points)

as captain yes, but i still believe the man is fit enough to contribute to this side for atleast two more years.

Related questions

+2 votes
1 answer 55 views
55 views asked Apr 6, 2014 in Sports Related by the shield Production Designer (12.8k points)
+5 votes
4 answers 77 views