• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.9k questions

243k answers

295k comments

395 users

+5 votes
1k views
:small

Rewind - Aamir Khan v Shahrukh Khan Only Box Office clash Thursday 06 August 2015 10.30 ISTBox Office India Trade Network
Aamir Khan and Shahrukh Khan who are two of the biggest box office stars of the day have clashed once inhistory at the box office and it will probably be their only box office clash while their box office pull remains.The clash happened way back in 1995 when both actors were emerging stars.Shahrukh Khan was racing to the top with Karan Arjun and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge while Aamir Khan had just established himself with a big hit and popular performance in the form of Rangeela. The box office trend was just changing from action to family romanticdramas but here the action film came out on top.Akele Hum Akele Tum was expected to do better beforerelease due to the combination of Aamir Khan and director Mansoor Khan, the combo had delivered a huge hit with Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak and fair runnerin Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander and the music had scored and the film had been well promoted by Venus but the action masala Ram Jaane with Shahrukh Khan easily outshone Akele Hum Akele Tum.Ram Jaane was ahead from day one and remained there through the run and finished with share of 1 croremore than Akele Hum Akele Tu, it may not be much now but the gap is equivelnet to the gap between a 60 crore grosser and a 80 crore grosser today.Ram Jaane also managed to fare better in Overseas despite Akele Hum Akele Tum having the more Overseas friendly genre. It did better in US / Canada butthe numbers were dull in United Kingdom where Ram Jaane was much better.For more details,read here on favourite site of amir fans-> http://boxofficeindia.com/Details/art_detail/rewindaamirkhanvshahrukhkhanonlyboxofficeclash#.VcLtNjMckjO
related to an answer for: Will srk cross 300cr mark in his life ?
asked in Movie Discussions by Producer (101k points)
89% Accept Rate

edited by

7 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Bechara Aamir 4 saal senior hoke bhi ye halat thi ..better film genre songs movie hone ke Baad bhi marwake gya 3no jagah
India
Overseas
Worldwide

answered by Casting Director (19.6k points)
selected by
+4 votes

Quite frankly, this is a rare exception in which public demand doesn't match the quality of a film. The only reason Ram Jaane was successful was because of the post-DDLJ hype that SRK was going through at that exact point of time. While Aamir Khan had a hit with Rangeela, it was more of a class film that worked mostly in cities due to the subtlety and realism it brought to Indian cinema that a mass audience couldn't really appreciate at that time. The same goes for Akele Hum Akele Tum - it was a beautiful film that defied convention by portraying the hero as a tragic loser throughout its course; the only reason the ending is happy is because Manisha feels sympathy for him at the end. The audience at the time couldn't digest such a melancholy, depressing film, and thus it became a flop.

NOW I am in no way degrading SRK's ability as an actor or his box-office potential by saying that Ram Jaane didn't deserve to be a success - as an SRK fan myself, I feel that Ram Jaane was simply not reflective of his true abilities and thus didn't deserve to be a hit - if DDLJ is the sky, then Ram Jaane is hell. I would have rather had a film of his that year like Oh Darling Yeh Hai India (a bizarre and idiotic film, agreed, but out-of-the-box and creative) do well than Ram Jaane.

answered by Location Scout (4.8k points)
+3 votes

BOI was 2rs site so why you are sharing their information...
And how aoi suddenly become Soi...

Shahrukh Khan was racing to the top with Karan Arjun and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge while Aamir Khan had just established himself with a big hit and popular performance in the form of Rangeela.

Now eagerly waiting for BOI to update their previous data for DHKMN , HHRPK , JJWS , Baazi & many more.

answered by Director (128k points)

Shahrukh khan ne 25 movies aamir se jyada ki hai....to wo to upar hoga hi...idhar average dekh worldwide 1996 se,.
Aamir khan=146cr
srk=89cr..ha ha ha
overactor to aadha hai aamir se...

@deepak,same case can be said to aamir fans too....BTW I have said this before that RJ might be Hit.....and i think KA would be ATBB now....
@jassy aunty,BOI declared SRK as biggest star ever so keep barking nothing will change....shame on aadha actor amir...

Chal maan lete hai...hum to boi ke saath hai...par tu shahrukh khan ki mashooq champa dum hila ke bhaag kyu jaati hai...jaise ke hny ke time par bhaagi thi..aur kehti thi ye aoi.com hai..

I have said this many times that I follow BOI.com for all the box office data until 2006 since then,BOI.co.in & Indicine

+2 votes

Tight slap on the faces of Aamir--the-spoon-fed-by-papa-star's fans. Now eagerly waiting fr d rewind SRK vs Salman, it'll be even more fun.

answered by Unit Manager (30.5k points)

Means SRK has 27 hits till now, by next july he'll reach 30 hit mark in 58 films. Amazing.....

now expecting another hit among KHKN/RBGG(RBGG has more chance)...Chamatkar atleast Average...Darr-BB,Baazigar & Deewana-Super hits...

Is it possible dat RJ turns out to be the 3rd biggest hit of 1995?? Coz if dat happens, then top3 of 1995 will belong to SRK i.e ddlj, ka n rj.

no chances as Coolie no.1,rangeela,raja,sabse bada khiladi r there...

+1 vote

At that time Aamir was small star and salman 2nd lead actor.

answered by All Time best! (283k points)
–1 vote

Aamir has been kicking srk's worldwide a** for 6 years now.
World's biggest superstar is also world's ugliest one.

answered by Production Accountant (20.9k points)

That's why Bro....... Aamir Fans+Salman Fans<<<<< Srk Fans..

+2

keep burning and keep barking... SRK will always remain on top....

–2 votes

.....y this fake site boi.com sayingg tht aamir was established by rangeela in 1995 even though he already had qsqt nd dil?.......

answered by Production Accountant (26.8k points)

Related questions

+5 votes
7 answers 195 views
195 views asked Dec 31, 2014 in Opinion by Real Champ Producer (101k points)
+5 votes
5 answers 159 views
159 views asked Oct 4, 2014 in Opinion by tabishaikh Casting Director (16.4k points)