• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.5k questions

241k answers

292k comments

395 users

+2 votes

Phantom is not anti-Pakistan

After Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Kabir Khan’s next directorial Phantom is kicking up a storm.

But unlike BB, Phantom has invited more brickbats than bouquets with its recent poster and trailer launch.

“Kabir Khan was making a case for peace between Pakistan and India just a month ago (with Bajrangi Bhaijaan). Now he wants to incite Indian patriotic zeal by targeting Pakistan,” a Pakistani filmmaker says on condition of anonymity.   

Kabir Khan shoots down such claims.

“What you see in the trailer of Phantom is not anti-Pakistan but anti-terrorism. Pakistan is even more traumatised by terror attacks than we are. 

“Terrorists attacked little children in Peshawar some time ago. It can’t get any more brutal than that. 

“Phantom talks about bringing the perpetrators of 26/11 Mumbai attacks to book. It is essentially saying the same thing about Indo-Pak relations that Bajrangi Bhaijaan did,” Kabir Khan explains.

He also maintains that Phantom and Bajrangi Bhaijaan are different from each other in treatment and tone. 

“There is no singing and dancing in Phantom. It would look very odd if Saif and Katrina took song breaks in this film. It is different from Bajrangi but we hope it'll find the acceptance thatBB did.”

When quizzed about the Phantom poster's resemblance to a video game, Khan said, “I trust the integrity and honesty of my poster designers.”

asked in Movie Discussions by All Time best! (283k points)
88% Accept Rate
–1

Jab BB banate hain tu badiya jab Haqeeqat dikhaye to galat hai.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

LOL Haqeeqat ye Bazigar saab faisla kren ge kya haqeeqat hai kya nahi.....
Lets see it will seen after release even if there is an inch of negitivity film wont release in Pakistan

answered by Second Unit Director (73.2k points)
selected by

Why are you talking like that if it won't release in Pakistan then it's done big deal like film will flop or become disaster..??
If I'm correct then didn't w gem of a film BABY was also banned in Pakistan, wasn't it..??
Tell me what negativity baby spreaded..??

what negativity?? Doesn't matter whether Phantom releases in Pakistan or not, Neither We Nor Kabir Khan gives a damn

@thunderbird
Man i am not even thinking for BO potential...i am just stated my point of view..I said even if its not-anti Pakistan but if any inch of negitivity movie will be banned thats all..
negativity doesnt mean reception or bad response by public...I mean like in film representing anti-pak element....if even little bit of shown movie wont be released. ...I loved Baby...Censor board is harsh I believe. ..in baby Tauseef was shown as ISi agent, Agent Vinod a Pakistani general was involved in attack....ETT it showed Pakistan stealing nuclear formulas from Indian proffesor......Even there was a Pakistani film named Waar it didnt even use the word "India" in the movie but If you think and give total concentration on movie it seems like there is something shown like Terrorists being funded and it was banned in India makers even said we can do 1-2 minor cuts
Even if Phantom has shown 99% positive about Pakistan and 1 percent shown something diff movie might not release and from trailer it looks like even if Indian spy are going to kill terrorists they illegally enter Pakistan and all that rest we ll see when movie releases

pak to gunehaagaron ko paalta hai duniya jaanti hai........................

Related questions

+2 votes
2 answers 104 views
0 votes
1 answer 87 views