Logging in Errors

Dangal doesn't looks to be commercial viable like PK;D3 by any means then why it is releasing on Christmas?

+3 votes
It's story of wrestler and his relationship with his daughter....doesn't sounds to be commercial viable that much....No romance ....no comedy....i think it should be a Non-Holiday release general audience ka kya aur families ka kya.....they want Commercial entertainers on festive.....i bet it won't do more than 150 Cr if it doesn't appeal to masses.....Distributors want a movie with potential of 200 Cr atleast on Festive.
asked Jul 2, 2015 in Opinion by puneetshukla Producer (101,948 points)
68% Accept Rate

edited Jul 2, 2015 by puneetshukla

did u know Raju will waste so much time on romance, n that too for no reason, in PK???

6 Answers

+4 votes

Best answer

His relationship with daughters will make it commercially vialble.That Women Empowerment stuff will make it commercially viable.

answered Jul 2, 2015 by karan khan Director (133,038 points)
selected Jul 2, 2015 by puneetshukla

ha ha ha good one

+5 votes

tujhe kya problem hai usse.....................

answered Jul 2, 2015 by Navoarsenal All Time best! (267,391 points)

Mujhe problem Ni hain....mujhe pata hain movie bahut acchi hogi but general audience ka kya aur families ka kya.....they want Commercial entertainers on festive.....i bet it won't do more than 150 Cr if it doesn't appeal to masses.....Distributors want a movie with potential of 200 Cr atleast on Festive.

+5 votes

Because his last blockbuster without xmas was way back in 1996....almost 2 decades ago. So he needs xmas desperately to make sure his film atleast crosses 100crore unlike dhobighat and talaash.

answered Jul 2, 2015 by RAhil Assistant Director (48,624 points)

even raja Hindustani was a diwali release....

It is consolation prize for him....

Bhai even Raees if it's dark movie it should release on Non-Holiday instead of Eid....but I am getting a vibe Raees is pretty commercial which will appeal to masses that's why SRK is daring to clash with Salman on Eid

Yes I feel the same.....

+4 votes

Tzp also released in christmas and even with clash and no masala, it was a big hit

answered Jul 2, 2015 by kashyap123 Second Unit Director (76,894 points)

Arey bhai mujhe problem Ni woh release ho Christmas par....I want Commercial Entertainers on Festive Releases....Welcome was there that time on Christmas as a festive release

+2 votes

Bhai bhag milkha bhag did 100cr + ...so Dangal will definitely do 200cr +
And movie gonna be very good (I have seen that Satyamave jayate episode where his(Mahavir Singh) daughter Geeta and Babita came in the show )& believe me if movie turns out as same as they discuss about their life in the show --the movie will create magic commercially as well as critically!!!

answered Jul 2, 2015 by bang98up Production Accountant (21,569 points)

And their haryanvi accent was too cool.....
Waiting to see Aamir speaking haryanvi !!!

+2 votes

only reason bcoz Christmas has been very lucky for Aamir Khan

answered Jul 2, 2015 by Haider Second Unit Director (76,934 points)

Related questions

+6 votes
3 answers 162 views
+3 votes
2 answers 190 views