• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65.5k questions

246k answers

299k comments

710 users

+4 votes
asked in Opinion by All Time best! (252k points)
99% Accept Rate

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

I watched both of them in theater, I watch I as it was in my must watch list due to shankar and yevadu because I was going to somewhere but my train was late by 5 hrs and I decide to watch a film but there is notca single good hindi film was there and with no option left I watched it, it's a decent masala film.

answered by Assistant Director (41.9k points)
selected by
+1 vote

Surprised to know that dubbed South Indian movies have a decent market in North Indian TV as many North Indians consider/publicly-state South Indian movies to be inferior(not me).

answered by Assistant Director (47.8k points)
+2

It depends... The fb page I run has been liked by close to 17k people & you should see their mad excitement for Hindi Dubbed Telugu & Tamil films. Telugu craze is the highest followed by Tamil. Not much for Kannada & Malayalam. The amount of abuses I've to bear.

The dubbed films don't collect big, but the market it enjoys is basically on television. As far as theatricals go, it basically restricted to Gujarat, CP/CI.. But now South films directly release across the country without getting dubbed. OK Kanmani ran for housefull shows in Delhi.

And regarding inferior, apart from the big budget involved, most of south Indians consider Bollywood to be inferior to us.

"The amount of abuses I've to bear."
- I know that feeling brah.

"Not much for Kannada & Malayalam"
- I rarely see dubbed Malayalam movies being Aired in TV..

"The dubbed films don't collect big, but the market it enjoys is basically on television."
- I was talking about North Indian TV market only.

UTV Movies & UTV Action is almost like dedicated for Hindi dubbed films. ofcourse they've kept UTV Movies for more Hindi films while UTV Action for more Dubbed films. ZEE Cinema usually telecasts dub films but also ZEE Action, ZEE Premier too does it's job of telecasting more & more dubbed films. If Star Gold scores more with direct films, it telecasts dubbed films on late night plus they have Movies OK Channel to telecast Hindi dubbed South Indian films. Channels like FILMY, Dangal Tv, Dabangg Tv all rely on Hindi dubbed films more with an exception of Cinema TV which is now relying on 80's - 90's Hindi films.

Guess you haven't seen much Malayalam films on tv in Hindi dubbed. They get dubbed a lot too. I can't stand Northies making fun of Mohan Lal & Mammootty, especially when their best films get dubbed to Hindi. I beg them to watch sometimes but they would rather insult those legends & choose Prithviraj's mediocre films. Suresh Gopi's films are the most that gets dubbed to Hindi.