This is extremely tough to review this film without revealing any sort of spoilers...
So to keep it extremely simple, here's the minusses & also those plusses...
- This is all style no substance.
- The dialogues are quirky right, but nowhere near to the first part.
- I mentioned style so obviously all visual effects, action is a notch higher than the prequel.
- Tony Stark still gets away with all the best lines.
- The film as expected is frontloaded with tons of action & all those scenes to shed light on back stories are just like your usual tv commercial breaks before the major action kicks in.
- The twins as promised are extremely fun to watch on big screen.
- The Avengers will take you for a ride.
And if you find the above points little condescending then it's because Marvel have raised the bar with Captain America:Winter Soldier with a strong script that backed all the glorifying visual effects... Marvel's Avengers itself isn't the best product anymore so this sequel too follows it's prequel's path... As heartbreaking it is, this film doesn't have repeat value.
But hey the positive, all the old avengers + the new avengers, combined have kicked arses royally. Considering that alone, you're all in for a treat. Spader as Ultron, his dialogue delivery keeps you hooked but mind you he's no Loki. Plus most of the scenes do give you the reference to the prequel & the prequel tends to come out as the better one in those particular referred scenes.
Major complaint which has become redundant with every 3D converted films, it does nothing but reduce the brightness of the entire film. You pay extra bucks for the 3D glasses & that's about it.
My Rating - 3.5/5 (Sure it's something to watch out for.)
Final Words - Action doesn't fail to win your heart, story does fail to stay in your heart.