• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65.5k questions

246k answers

299k comments

709 users

+7 votes
asked in Opinion by All Time best! (252k points)
99% Accept Rate

Watch OK Kanmani aka OK Bangaram... Don't get the idea of it being Mani's best work or to be like Alaipayuthe... It's one of the simplest film of Mani Ratnam if you count his entire career. And that is the biggest strength of the film followed by the legend P.C. Sreeram & ofcourse A.R.Rahman... It's their show all the way & they've made Dulquer Salmaan & Nithya Menen to shine in the film with Prakash Raj & especially Leela Samson having enough scope to give heart touching performances.

Yes. Even i watched it today evening. Pretty straight forward film with some decent sequences. Dialogues are as usual good. Its amazing how Mani ratnam is in sync with youngsters across the generations. He made Mouna ragam in 80s, Alaipayuthey in 00s and now this. Though this film is not in that range (acc to me) still a good one. Guess he didnt want to risk by trying something radical (which is expected of him) and told a simple story. Technically as usual its a Mani Ratnam film. Great effort from PC Sreeram and AR Rahman. Its hard to match Mani ratnam films in photography department. Performances were good right from both the leads to PR and Leela Samson. And Nani's voice just suited Dulquer finely. Now i want Maniratnam to chose political subject or some crime drama where i feel he is at his absolute best.

Good to hear someone mention Mouna Ragam... My mom loves that film to the core & it was she who introduced me to that movie. Karthik & Revathi were simply wow, with Kokila Mohan being equally competent throughout. No wonder Kokila Mohan was a big success back then before he vanished unannounced.

But you left the major film, Geethanjali.

Oops...yes i forgot Geethanjali. But i thought of mentioning one film for every generation and Mouna Ragam struck to me. As strange as it may sound i watched Mouna ragam more times than Geethanjali. There are very few films which portrayed the baggage of past life after marriage as effectively as this one. I love that film. Especially dialogues between Mohan and Revathi after he comes back from hospital. They are simple but very effective. Geethanjali was also very good particularly the songs and cinematography in the movie. I still remember humming the songs whenever movie used to come on TV.

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

waiting for it.best allu arjun starrer movie..................................

answered by Casting Director (18.3k points)
selected by
0 votes

Is it releasing in theatres?
I not then whats the point in releasing posters.If they directly.telecast it on tv then they just have to release trailer on tv..
Its an Allu Arjun starrer so quite excited for it..I guess once you suggested it to me so excitement is even higher.

answered by Director (132k points)

'VOD' works in the favor of western films.. As far as Indian films go, they don't really enjoy that freedom plus I guess they'll have to shed some extra money needlessly to get that approval.. I can hardly remember 2-3 films that were telecasted on tv saying 'first time ever, even before releasing theaters'. But if you look at it closely in some small theater they might've released the movie (may be the show gets cancelled due to lack of audience) which is reported as 'film's official release' which will aid the tv channel to telecast the film & further home video copyright owners to release the dvd/vcd into the market.

And even VOD is always 'bad quality upscaled print' that is basically for rents or to be shown in some 7-star, 5-star hotels, or during air travel or while going on a cruise... VOD contributes to a separate business model. That's why it's called 'video on demand'. Personally I hate that print to the core.

Yes VOD prints lack that sharp picture quality. I dont remember the the film name...but a indian film was released directly online a while back. I think some old movie of Cheran (director) movie also was released directly to the market (via DVDs etc) and he also said his latest movie which stars Sharwanand and Nitya menon will have digital release on same day as theatrical one.

Digital release along with theatrical release.. Digital release won't be encouraged without theatrical release. Siddharth's Striker was among the films that premiered on youtube.

DVD market is different, they keep releasing with different titles. Or sometime use the same footage in 4 or 5 films.. For any tv telecast or public display, the theatrical release rule is mandatory as it is followed strictly all over.

Hmm...