Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65,979 questions

247,093 answers

300,996 comments

396 users

Roy Set For Biggest Opening Day Of 2015 - BOI

+5 votes

Roy is set for the biggest opening day of the year with collections set to come in at around the 8.50 crore nett mark. The Akshay Kumar starrer Baby had grossed 7.75 crore nett approx. Roy has below par collections at single screens but multiplexes are good.

The film will struggle to hold these type of figures as its pretty clear that such a opening day figure has come due to the curiousity to see Ranbir Kapoor who has an extended guest role as an Arjun Rampal starrer which the film actually is would struggle to collect even half this figure.

Saturday is Valentines Day but its unlikely that it will give it a boost that has been seen over the past few years. Sunday is the India v Pak match will affect the collections hugely. 

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/Details/art_detail/roysetforbiggestopeningdayof2015#.VN6nFOaUeLk

asked Feb 13, 2015 in Opinion by suhas All Time best! (255,620 points)
99% Accept Rate

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

It will definitely collect 10cr+ today and even on sunday. So 30cr weekend will be good for the movie and it can finish above 50cr if wom is mixed.

answered Feb 13, 2015 by Salmirk Assistant Director (41,646 points)
selected Feb 14, 2015 by suhas
Sunday is screwed because of Ind vs Pak match. Today due to the negative wom, it'll see a drop. Unless the lovers try to hide in the theaters showing Roy as so called Hindu activists sent out threats last night live on tv saying "kisiko bhi nahi chodenge".
Hide inside theatres... Lol...!!
I am doing coaching in kota and here almost all  shows are housefull for today in 5 screens. I had to book my ticket for monday as on sunday also only odd show timings were available. But may be its possible that case may be different for rest of india so my prediction may be wrong . In kota there are lot of teenagers who have gfs so movie is the best choice for valentine's day . And i couldn't switch to news channels so i don't know what activists said but i don't think it will have much effect on couples going out today atleast in cities.

Related questions

+5 votes
4 answers 163 views
163 views asked Feb 17, 2015 in Opinion by suhas All Time best! (255,620 points)
+4 votes
2 answers 126 views
126 views asked Feb 15, 2015 in Opinion by suhas All Time best! (255,620 points)
+11 votes
7 answers 301 views