Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,978 questions

251,428 answers

307,733 comments

396 users

Next Few Weeks Will Decide Fate Of First Quarter - BOI

+3 votes

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/Details/art_detail/nextfewweekswilldecidefateoffirstquarter#.VNM8LtKUeLk

The next three weeks will decide the fate of the first quarter starting with Shamitabh this week followed by Roy and Badlapur. This extremely dull phase started in November with films crashing like ninepins. There was some respite with PK but after PK its been business as normal.

The first quarter is looking a disaster unless something happens in the next three weeks. Its very unlikely that either Shamitabh, Roy or Badlapur will be hits as they were budgeted before the satellite crash so to expect them to cover 75% of their costs from Indian theatrical is a tall order.

The idea will be for at least one of these films to have appreciation and get a good 3-4 week run just to be some sort of success and give hope as the year is filled with mid budget films like these. The first release Shamitabh probably has better chances Overseas where the directors films have fared well especially US/Canada and probably due to this factor the film has been marketed in Overseas more than other films of its size.

asked Feb 5, 2015 in Opinion by suhas All Time best! (260,329 points)
99% Accept Rate

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

Well Fate Is Clear Now.
When Badlapur & ROY Were Annouced, I Was Positive About Them. I Expected Both To Be Hits Atleast.
But Bad Marketing Has Resulted In Buzz Hiting Bottom.
Regarding Shamitabh I Dont Had Any Expectation Earlier Too Nor Did Now.

answered Feb 5, 2015 by Charlie Jatinder Super-star (167,970 points)
selected Feb 5, 2015 by suhas

Related questions

+6 votes
4 answers 215 views
215 views asked Feb 20, 2015 in Opinion by suhas All Time best! (260,329 points)
+5 votes
2 answers 134 views