I Told One Day Neeraj Pandey Is The Christopher Nolan Of India!! Any Problem?
Before starting my review I would say Baby is nowhere near A Wednesday and on par or slightly more/less than Special 26, but it's easily the best action thriller (though it would be Don 2 for best crime thriller with grand looks). Neeraj Pandey tried something more than suspense thriller with humor and succeeded. Though film lags behind Holiday in terms of entertainment value.
Plot: A team lead by Ajay (Akshay) and command by Danny completes 3 missions to stop some terrorist activities. And the team name is Baby.
Direction: A masterful direction by Neeraj Pandey! No doubt I enjoy his films and he is one of my favourite director (being a thriller fan) and he did a job that i expect from him.
Performance: Akshay is growing more & more as an actor, this film is another prove. He did a fabulous job with some great humor, better than Holiday. Tapsee was good in her short role and got huge cheers during her action scene. The main villain performed well, don't know his name though, Kay Kay had nothing much to do and did whatever needed as he always do, Danny too had nothing much to do than to stay in the headquarter and waiting for Ajay to give him some good news, Anupam Kher as Shukla was just terrific, he can be termed as a 'plus point' of Baby. Rana Dagubatti did his job fairly and looked like a hunk, Akshay's wife, The guy that helps Baby team in the last mission, all did a decent performance.
Screenplay: I have a little complain regarding screenplay as it was bit stretched on the second half, but still it doesnt impact anything on film's brilliantness!
- Akshay's Solid Performance
- Punchlines, Especially Those By Akshay.
- Tapsee Pannu's Action Scene Was Clap Worthy.
- Anupam Kher As Shukla Steals The Second Half.
- The Thrill At The Climax, Gives You Goosebumps.
- Of Course The Locations.
- The Background Score Which Resembles With Special 26 & Holiday, though doesn't impact as much as Holiday's one.
- The Thing I Want In Every Neeraj Films, Missing Here! That's The Surprise Ending Like His Previous Two Films. Though The Last Scene Was Edge Of The Seat But Still It Was Bit..Ununderstable (couldn't found a better word)
Overall, Baby has a everything to be a brilliant thriller, humor, action, looks, performances and Neeraj Pandey. My rating 3.75/5.