Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65,592 questions

245,633 answers

298,954 comments

396 users

Suhas said that 40 C First Day was an estimate.Does it take 2 months to Know the Actual 1st Day Collections after Early Estimate?

+5 votes
asked Jan 18, 2015 in Opinion by Baazigar All Time best! (283,032 points)
88% Accept Rate
Top Grossing Films :

PK Expected- 323 Crores

Dhoom 3- 273 Crores (All)

Chennai Express- 218 Crores

Kick- 213 Crores

Krrish 3- 208 Crores (All)

3 Idiots- 203 Crores

Happy New Year- 194 Crores (All)

4 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

USS site se kya umeed rakh skte hain jo 1999 Hum Saath Saath Hain ko 2005 mein 16Cr bolke Semi hit bolti hai shyd wo Early Estimate hoga Fir 2007 mein 20Cr Semi hit bolti hai wo 2nd early estimate hoga. Fir 2009 mein 28Cr Hit wo 3rd early estimate Fir 2014 mein 39.17Cr Blockbuster...... Yeaahhh 15 saal Baad exact collections mil gye aakhir.......Ab 2005 se pehle tak ka kisiko nhi pata hai par 2006 se baaki source bhi aaye aur humne ye bhi dekha ki USS waqt kya collections diye gye the tou 2006-2009 main Old BOI.com jo USS waqt diya gya tha wo follow kr skta hun aur 2010 se BOI.co.in saaf Baat hai ye BOI.com biased site hai na inka kch ata pata hai jo manna majboori hai wo thk hai par ab 2010 se inse better sources hain tou Yahi kahunga BOI.co.in best site hai.

answered Jan 18, 2015 by Ankit Casting Director (19,593 points)
selected Jan 19, 2015 by Baazigar
+2 votes

Ya he is Right and the collection of Pk is still A estimate...
Hny
42 to 40 to 36...
So now Pk would be
24 to 21 to 18 crore opening....

answered Jan 18, 2015 by lucifer Production Accountant (28,860 points)
with due respect you fcuked boi off. Nailed it bro.
Ty bro... But This BOI.COM deserves more then this..
+2 votes

Bakchod office india is fcuked out now. CE aur PK same banner but Collection for PK is same for BOI and producers where CE has 20 crore difference. bOI stop this shit otherwise with full authority and respect Fcuk you.

answered Jan 18, 2015 by Greek God Executive Producer (69,113 points)
–1 vote

Suhas didn't say that. Suhas said that it was BOI who quoted that estimate. Their article still said 38cr-40cr range. Their final update came at 36.50cr.

Forget other websites, I go by the feeling that boi.com figures itself will be higher. When Kick was 213cr I knew it'll be reduced. 212.83cr later became 211cr. Fine by me. Similar way I know PK's will go lesser when the final tally happens.

In case of HNY even if any sites shouted 40cr I was sure about HNY not doing 40cr first day. I expected it to be 37cr first day or may be a surprising 38cr but BOI surprised me differently with 36.50cr that's all.

answered Jan 18, 2015 by suhas All Time best! (252,847 points)
Record holders are decided based on the collections only.. If they know that certain films collections will come in the range of say 36-37cr then to call that film a record holder, their minimum estimate itself will be higher than previous grosser, meaning the final tally will not go below the previous grosser. If they've the previous holder at 36.50cr, their minimum for new record holder will be 36.50cr only. Atleast in that sense they're sure that film even if decreases it's collection will not go below 36.50cr but stay above it. Until or unless that isn't clear then they wouldn't call anything a record holder.

Their estimates is what works fine. For one film they make the estimate for a day will make 25cr. The film falls short because evening show to night shows the occupancy didn't sustain. A theater which ran a housefull show for 6.30pm show, got hardly 60% attendance for the 9.30pm show. Based on the previous shows performance as well as the ticket sales trend, they make an estimate of 75%-80% for the night shows, if the movie in the end gets only 60% occupancy for the night shows in that circuit, the film's collection is bound to get decreased. So even if they quoted 25cr, that 60% occupancy rate forces them to change their estimates to 23cr. When they do that it doesn't mean they got the exact collection in 2-3 days. They've given you the best possible estimate which will be +1 or -1cr difference in the final tally but not more than that.

In case of HNY, the first day itself they said collections are in the range of 38cr-40cr... After that for the sake of weekend report one article of boi.com mentioned 40cr only. Because they were estimating based on the big opening it got. The moment the 2nd & 3rd day happened to be 28cr range, they realized the drop in collections was big even though the drop in occupancy didn't suggest a 12cr drop. That's why the finall tally makes sense here. This is what the producers tried to match when they took time to announce. They had already quoted a high 42cr nett, so they went with 32cr or 33cr second day showing 9cr drop based on the occupancy rates. A 42cr first day & 28cr second day would've sounded devastating, which would've clearly affected the film from monday itself. They withheld the weekend collections to save the film from further damage which paid off since the film did sustain in the weekdays.
suhas, ur points are still not convincing at all bro....
they always declare records immediatly or within 1-2 days, its not like minimum or max estimate se kam ya zyada hai to otherwise nahi karege.and many times actual data comes more than max or less than min expectations for example hny first day is way less than min exp.(+1 or -1 se zyada)
i am still on my conclusion that  that either they get exact data within 2-3days or they manipulate in such a way that records shouldnt change.
new boi started a trend of giving each days data in every days article and they did same for pk also but not for hny. and this trend of giving each days data seperatly in every days article also suggests that they are getting almost accurate data within 1-2days itself rather than months..
Arre bhai zikr... ACTUAL DATAS NEVER COME. That's the truth. ACTUALS are never made known to public. Forget boi & other sites, the producers of the film themselves don't release ACTUAL FIGURES. It hasn't happened before & it won't happen now or in future.

Here's the official disclaimer by BOI...

"the only aim for the website is to provide realistic and authentic figures. The figures on the website are not taken from producers or distributors of the respective films but independent estimates from our sources and then cross checked through cinema collections. Box Office India was the first source in India to report accurate collections in terms of nett figures which changed how box office collections were reported in India as the industry took to it and then the trade, media and other websites followed."

Related questions

+3 votes
1 answer 150 views
150 views asked Oct 27, 2014 in Box Office Related by naya yug Director (130,271 points)
+3 votes
1 answer 162 views