+5 votes
asked in Opinion by Super-star (173k points)
77% Accept Rate
See jai ho didnt have that impressive promos as BB, Talaash is niche multiplex audience, JTHJ clashed with pucca masala movie (its not like multiplex audience watch only class movies..on the contrary they contribute more revenue than SS for masala films), Yes don 2, ready (i think non holiday release) was on lower than anticipated level
Now you are giving excuses. Then my excuse is clash 20% less show then Singham returns. Opening is at par with Singham Returns.
Then what about ticket pricing, its way higher than singham 2...i didnt give excuses u really feel like by comparing BB with talaash, ready (non holiday) and other films  u are being impartial
@greak god > can you tell me how 20% less shows then Singham Returns ?

6 Answers

+5 votes

Best answer

Well Kick was also an UTV product so they would've ensured the clash wouldn't have happened.

HNY is distributed by YRF, they would've been a nightmare for Haider with their release tactics. In case of Bang Bang vs Haider, it was like Haider team said "we only want 1200 screens, you can take everything else". But YRF even would've had it's eyes on some of those 1200 screens too.

Regarding 30cr & all. Business hasn't gone onto new heights since last year. In case of Bang Bang, the Mumbai-Gujarat as well as CP-CI, Rajasthan have underperformed a bit. The Khan starrers would've opened somewhat better there. So my bet is 27-28cr max & nothing beyond that from the current scenario i.e. 1200screens & 3500+ screens.

Srk usually scores better in South India considering Mysore region but Bang Bang is already doing exceptionally well down here. I don't see much difference.

answered by All Time best! (281k points)
selected by
+2 votes

Yes because firstly both srk and salman have more following than hr secondly boi said that bb could not do great in mass centres but for both hny and kick mass centre would have been in better and then bang bang dropped from evening shows but hny would have remained steady in evening because that's when family audience would have come in numbers and srk have biggest following among family audience so
morning and noon shows - check
evening and night shows - check
mass centre - check
30 crs day 1 - CHECK
again I'm saying bang bang could not sustain in evening and night shows that's why it could not do more had it been sustained than collections would have been much more

answered by Mega Star (225k points)
That's very cheap. If u want I can bet with 2days trip to cox bazaar at looser's cost. or at least 500tk flexi.
Lol.........
@maruf If that happened u will be with us. kind of get together
Ha ha ha ha . Lets see :-P
+1 vote

A Big No. Coz Situation would have been similar like BB. And those films might got less then BB.

answered by Editor (80.3k points)
+1 vote

Same or Less for Sure.
Kick collected on Holiday 29 Cr without clash no chance it could have done with a clash more then 24 Cr. Mass centers would have been awesome but not Multiple must be lower.
HNY cant say bcz dont know about WOM but I would like to recall diwali 2012 when Sk fans said even with clash JTHJ will collect 25 Cr minimum and real figure was 17 or may be 18 so same thing would have happend fans would have said it will be do minimum 35 Cr and would have collected 22 Cr.

answered by Camera Operator (9.3k points)
@Greek god, do u even know that it was diwali day with bigger star, bigger film and a day which is more worse then non-holiday, even that 2 years ago...
Lolz haider has 4-5 stars everywhere I know many people who desided skipping BB and go to Haider instead looking at the rating though they were  died with boredum in haider but still they didnt go BB. Huge difference in rating affect a lot.  And plz dont say about "all have watched on the first day " bcz K3 Collected 31 cr in its 4th day.
@Hell, k3 was super hero film, even ra.one collected 25 crs in its 2nd day even that in 2011....chal bye
Whatever clash comparison main BB sabse best nikla hain. And Let me tell BB got 20% less shows then Singham Returns. Its opening at par with Singham returns.
+1 vote

Yes,of course it can bcoz many people like Srk and sallu so they criticize them more and haider will not able to fight with them.

answered by
+1 vote

Ofcourse because srk & salman bigger than hrithik

answered by 1 flag

Related questions

+6 votes
2 answers 120 views
120 views asked Apr 24, 2014 in Predictions by Intense Super-star (173k points)
+1 vote
3 answers 200 views
200 views asked Oct 20, 2017 in Opinion by Intense Super-star (173k points)