• Register
Logging in Errors

Donate to the forum

All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.2k questions

240k answers

291k comments

394 users

+4 votes
Good three days weekend but after that no major holiday. Assume first week 150 Cr. What after that. How will it touch Dhoom then
asked in Opinion by Camera Operator (8.8k points)
16% Accept Rate

edited by

8 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

If it gets good WOM, then 100% it will cross kick. Dhoom3 is tough. It needs exceptional WOM for that to happen which is unlikely considering the quality (or the lack of it) of farah's direction.

answered by Producer (102k points)
selected by
+4 votes

I think Happy New Year will cross Kick (because HNY will do much more business at multiplexes than Kick as SRK is biggest metro star; single screen advantage of Salman will be overcome by this) but Dhoom 3 depends on word of mouth. Anything is possible so we have to wait and watch.

answered by Assistant Director (41.6k points)
+4 votes

It will cross Kick.........................................

answered by All Time best! (283k points)
+2 votes

1st week is 150cr .....lol........HNY will collect more than 150 cr in just 5 days......aur rahi baat kick ki to bandhu kick ke entire run me ek bhi weekend ya week aisa nahi hoga jise HNY beat nahi karegi........

answered by Location Manager (5.2k points)
Ok. I mark ur last comment. Lets see.
+1 vote

Chennai express also had good weekends only whereas weekday were working days and only6 open days and you know the result

answered by Camera Operator (9.3k points)
But again there was 15 th august during second weekend with almost all single screens still with CE.
+1
Yeah, but this time HNY has longer free run. So both multiplexes and single screens are with HNY plus increased ticket prices. So it is not a problem even if there are no holidays.
So what is ur weekwise prediction
+1
Assuming good word of mouth, I would say 100 crore weekend, 170 crores first week, 50 crores second week and assuming new releases won't perform will end up anywhere around 250 crores.
+1 vote

I strongly have a doubt that it will collect more than Kick.

it can most definitely have a week of 150 crores.. but yes after then it is bound to slow down .. unless the movie is recieved excellently.. which i dont think because of farah khan.

for me it can end up dong anything between 190-210 crores ..

answered by Production Accountant (20.2k points)
ce trailer was far better than hny and the songs too were very well recieved plus srk was shown doing smthing absolutely different that he hasnt attempted before the masala genre.
just wait and watch hny >> bangbang
chal nikalna fir kahe ko mach mach kar raha hai
hehehe u got nothing to say
+1 vote

Movies like Happy new year are crap and tends to fall after few days : No it will not cross Kick

answered by
–1 vote

let it first cross 200 crores...

answered by Location Manager (7.6k points)

Related questions

+1 vote
7 answers 220 views
220 views asked Oct 24, 2014 in General by Tushar Camera Operator (8.8k points)
+20 votes
10 answers 180 views
+5 votes
3 answers 211 views