+7 votes

You blame your present predicament on the marriage rumours. But you yourself added fuel to the fire by signing films only with boyfriend Akshay Kumar. In fact, producers became wary because of this...

That's not true. We'd signed all those films much before we started going around. After the success of Mohra, people started casting us together. We started seeing each other after a year of Mohra's release. In fact, since we've started going out we haven't signed a single film together. Barood gets over now and after this Akshay and I have no films together. Keemat, Daava, Barood, all are over, and we just have one more film together -- Vidroh . That too we'd signed much before we started seeing each other. I can't be blamed if people come to their own conclusions.

Unlike other heroines you seem quite content with what you have. You lack the drive, the burning desire to be the best.

One feels that because I don't tom-tom about myself or my work. I let my work speak for me. If there wasn't a burning ambition in me I would have vanished from the scene a long time ago. I don't believe in bragging and then falling on my face. Today Karisma, Manisha, Kajol and Tabu are seeing a good time.

When I had Dilwale, Mohra, Laadla, Andaz Apna Apna, which other heroine was as successful, tell me? I was the only successful heroine around. When I started off, I joined this line as a hobby. That changed a long time ago. Today I'm careful about how I look, select my roles with care... Yes I don't have the killer instinct to get to the top by hook or by crook. I can't be manipulative or harm somebody else for personal gain.

Is that the only way to reach the top?

Yeah, I have seen actors manipulate and reach where they are today. I won't name the heroine, but because she was insecure she had me removed from four films. As a matter of fact, I was to do one of the films with her. She was closer to the producer and the hero apparently. So these things do happen, but I'm not into playing these sort of games.

If the producer was friendly to her, he should have signed her in the first place.

No, no, they signed her also. There were two of us in the film. Arre kissika koi boyfriend hua, and he puts down the condition that if you work with so and so, you never speak to me again... Never see me again...

Why didn't you speak out and expose the heroine?

Because I'm not made that way. If someone is brash and impulsive, and so desperate, what can one do? I believe in nature's justice. What comes around goes around. I'm also here, she's also here, time will tell as to who did what and who did not. I know good always wins, life has shown me that. You do lose faith when you're down and out but then reality strikes and you see what's happening to the other person... Ultimately, the mask does fall, and the person gets exposed.

You might not want to name her, but everyone knows that the heroine in question is Karishma Kapoor. It's no secret that there's no love lost between you two. Recently at Shah Rukh Khan's Holi bash when photographers asked you and Urmila to pose with Karishma, you'd agreed heartily but when they asked her she flatly refused.

It doesn't make me a superstar if I pose with a Karishma Kapoor today. She doesn't feature in my life in any which way. I'm a professional, I don't care. I would pose with a broomstick if need be. I'm only bothered with my work. What happens personally doesn't and shouldn't affect a professional relationship.

Life is too short to have these petty squabbles. I don't want to waste my time thinking about such things. Everybody has hassles but one should try and resolve them. If things can be resolved without any tension life would be so much more easier. Why have problems, why?

Karishma and I are not the best of friends. Ditto with Ajay. We've patched up and we're not at war. Till date I haven't abused them. Because their lives don't affect me in the least. Professionally I'm ready to work with Ajay or Karishma. Where work is concerned I don't bother about these stupid ego problems.

If that is so, you shouldn't have a problem working with Rekha too. But you were quite cheesed off when she stole the show from right under your nose in Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi. In fact rumours of Rekha and Akshay's alleged affair also soured things.

I don't want to say too much on the subject. I don't think Akshay ever had anything to do with Rekha. As a matter of fact, he would run away from her. Akshay tolerated Rekha because of the film. At one point she wanted to get lunch dabbas for him from home. That's when I put my foot down. I felt it was taking things a bit too far. She's a wonderful person, but she should learn where to draw the line.

Your long-standing enmity with Ajay Devgun doesn't look like getting resolved. Both of you take potshots at each other at every given opportunity. Even though you are willing, Ajay still maintains that he doesn't want to work with you.

I don't have a problem with Ajay because he is not so important in my life. I don't even think about it. I'm too content with my life. Probably he is unhappy to yet talk about me this way. I'm significant in his life somewhere that he yet holds a grudge. It doesn't make any difference to me. I can work with anybody. I'm not insecure, I have confidence in myself.

asked in Opinion by All Time best! (281k points)
99% Accept Rate

3 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

That movie Vidroh which she mentioned was original title name but it was changed to Police Force: An inside story. It got delayed because money issues and plus Akshay & Raveena Tandon end their relationship.

It started around 1996 or 1997 then it got shelved then they continued it filming post 2000. I don't know if they stoped speaking to each other post 2000 but i find this quite strange because i remember watching the film and there was this scene which had a poster of that movie Deewangee 2002. Akshay got married to Twinkle Khanna the year before 2002 hence why i do find this strange.

answered by Unit Manager (36k points)
selected by
+2 votes

Akshay took full maze with so many heroines,including rekha(i am sure).

answered by All Time best! (270k points)
+1 vote

Hmmmm.....not bad lunch dabbas from home for akki.......so caring rekha......!! Lol

answered by Second Unit Director (70.4k points)