• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.4k questions

241k answers

292k comments

395 users

+8 votes
asked in Opinion by Executive Producer (69.5k points)
97% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+4 votes

Best answer

#1) Poor title of this film,
#2) Poor trailor which failed to create right buzz among audience,
#3) Poor marketing strategy,
#4) Average songs,
#5) Average direction,
Well I don't think, January is really a bad period for films release . At present, when you have superstar like Salman it will easily get blockbuster price no matter where it is releasing

answered by Producer (111k points)
selected by
+5 votes

There are actually 3 causes.

1. Failing to create the right buzz pre-release.
  2. Wrong business plan. I mean the blockbuster price for the distributors. Producers made 100cr from the movie whereas few distributors lost.
  3. Poor release strategy for a film that's been sold for blockbuster price.

And before anybody pointing out me bringing "January Jinx" thing...

2014 - as of now 1 Blockbuster that's released on EID.
2013 - The ATBB released on Christmas, 4 Blockbusters released on Post IPL, EID & Diwali respectively.
2012 - 3 Blockbusters - 1 released post IPL, the other two released on EID/Independence Day & Christmas.
2011 - 2 Blockbusters - released post IPL & EID.
2010 - 2 Blockbusters - EID & Diwali
2009 - 1 Christmas ATBB
2008 - 2 Blockbusters - 1 being RNBDJ & GHAJINI on Christmas, both being December releases.
2007 - 1 Blockbuster - Diwali release

I hope you got the point. The last big success released on January was Agneepath which released on Republic Day holiday to make it the biggest opener ever in 2012. The buzz was created almost 6 months before it's release. Jai Ho released on Republic Day weekend where Republic Day fell on a Sunday which acted nothing more than a Sunday. That only on 25cr day, 2 16cr days hurt it pretty bad.

You don't sell the movie for blockbuster prices & expect blockbuster business in a month that hasn't seen a Blockbuster film for a decade. It wasn't the movie, it was the business model which was totally flawed.

answered by Mega Star (246k points)
edited by
In 2008, 1st blockbuster was RNBDJ n it wasn't a diwali release, it was released on 12 dec.
Edited.

But the facts remain same.
@Suhas bhai no need to give explanations n prove Salman's starpower as Kick has given a tight slap on all haters so don't waste ur precious time in argueing with these idiotic users...
@irdwelp, just shut ur mouth.....suhas has done a gud job evry time while explaining facts nd keeping his views clearly....u dont hv such knowledge about d business so be in ur limits..i find pleasure in suhas answers...!!! Nd he does very well evrytym, he isnt wasting tym but enlightening us wid his knowledge
+4 votes

bad director sohail khan himself responsible.poor direction.

answered by Unit Manager (32.2k points)
+3 votes

People except craps from Salman but with Jai ho he tried to give Serious but masala movie...if honest ans then trailer and songs didnt attracted people...so now with avg trailer and song even Megastar Superstar PowerStar 7 Star 5 Star Salman cant bring people to theatre..

answered by Director (132k points)
@KK with due respect bro
why so cald king khan's Don-2 didn't cross Ready
It was a sequel to a big hit + xmass weeknd solo release wht else U neede
don't give lame xcuses...

Related questions

+6 votes
3 answers 117 views
117 views asked Nov 6, 2014 in Opinion by Baazigar All Time best! (283k points)
+4 votes
3 answers 63 views
63 views asked May 4, 2014 in General by Kowsigan Second Unit Director (73.3k points)
+3 votes
4 answers 222 views