18. Being Yogesh - 35 points
  19. Imran1 - 35 points
  20. CultCharm - 33 points
  21. Sandeep - 32 points
  22. suraj.j - 23 points
  23. Ajay - 22 points
  24. Charlie Jatinder - 20 points
  25. Sss d - 19 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

70k questions

266k answers

325k comments

1.4k users

Categories

+10 votes
  • Dhoom 3 is ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER.
  • Murder 3 is FLOP.
  • Joker's verdict is FLOP not DISASTER. And so is Desi Boyz, Thank You & Patiala House which are now FLOPS.
  • Murder 2 & The Dirty Picture are now SUPERHITS.
  • Guzaarish is now a DISASTER & so is Aakrosh.
  • Chandni Chowk To China goes down as DISASTER.
  • Wanted now is just a HIT.
  • Wake Up Sid is now SEMI-HIT.
  • Partner, Chak De India, Welcome are no more BLOCKBUSTERS, they're brought down to SUPERHIT.
  • Namastey London is now a SEMI-HIT.
  • No matter how much hard it is, Awarapan & Salaam-E-Ishq are given the verdict of "DISASTER".
  • Dabangg has officially been declared BLOCKBUSTER. Ghajini follows it.
  • Hum Saath Saath Hai, now is a BLOCKBUSTER.
  • Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge raises to SEMI-HIT status while Mission Kashmir loses it's SEMI-HIT status & now is called "AVERAGE".
  • Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna is a SEMI-HIT now. 
  • Finally Tere Naam raises to SEMI-HIT status now.
  • Baghban raises to HIT from AVERAGE.
  • Tujhe Meri Kasam is a HIT.
  • Chori Chori Chupke Chupke also gets a SEMI-HIT verdict.
  • One 2 Ka Four is termed as DISASTER.
  • Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai is a SUPERHIT now. Although makes sense since the movie definitely did that sort of business.
  • Garam Masala is a clean HIT now & Bunty Aur Babli is given SUPERHIT tag.
  • Mangal Pandey goes down as a FLOP.
  • Raaz is SUPERHIT. Devdas holds onto it's HIT status. Surprisingly, Ek Choti Si Love Story is also a HIT.
  • Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai gets a SEMI-HIT tag.
  • Lakshya goes down as a FLOP.

Would love to know the verdicts for 1998 & backwards. Loving BOI becoming this much strict as far as verdict goes.

in Archived by All Time best! (265k points)
98% Accept Rate

edited by
Devdas was previously also HIT
Edited it.

5 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

I am dissapopinted with verdicts for Ghajini , Lakshya , Awarapan, Guzaarishand Mangal Pandey..
Ghajini was around 30 cr more than previous highest grosser..also it had trended excellently well till 5th week...!!..
Lakshya should have been taken on as Below Average..
Mangal Pandey had record opening..so, I think it should be below average atleast.

>I think now, boxoficeindia will give verdicts based on the collections
> based on performance at SS as well as multiplexes apart from shares ,
> budget , trending etc.....Since , Dabangg and Ghajini did majority of
> their buissness from SS and also their distributor shares were n't that good...They have been demoted to BB status.

I am happy with the verdicts for Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai , Garam Masala , Raaz and Murder 2

by Star (151k points)
selected by
+3 votes

Here are another two

Murder 2 and The Dirty Picture are now superhit as oppose to the Blockbuster they once were.

by Camera Operator (8.9k points)
+3 votes

In 3rd edition DDLJ flop, Sholay semi hit, Gadar avg Deshdrohi BB......we should wait nai? ?

by
Why will it go like that? This one's pretty good so far. This strictness was needed. I am sure they'll not touch DDLJ's ATBB tag unless they take away HAHK's which they won't. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai & Raja Hindustani's should be seen.
Are Kyu bhai bhala kyu nahi ho sakta? Aakhir verdicts hi to change Karne hai aasanise ho jaayega......I m too curious about its 3rd part wooww....!!! hope they notice my opinions it'll be fun to watch won't it ?
+1
That won't happen. Deshdrohi released in 2008 I guess so they've given the verdict for all the 2008 releases & Deshdrohi lost it's chance of becoming a BB as it's clearly been given the verdict of Disaster. Gadar is already an ATBB.

So let's hope they notice your opinions & give interesting verdicts pre-1998.
Hehehe naahhhh bro it must happen....aakhir verdicts change Karna Baccho ka hi to khel hai usme Kya badi baat ....!!
+2 votes

Ghajini which did 34cr more than d2 and 29cr more than rab ne is nw not an atbb.i call it bullsh*t.btw billu,devdas didnt hv a verdict change,pehle bhi flop and hit tha.

by All Time best! (268k points)
Well it was fair enough. BOI had only said that Ghajini was given ATBB for it's 100cr+ collections, if the distributor share was considered it did only above average business. That's why it's good to see the changed verdict. Now excited to see pre-1998.
Then hw ra.one is still a hit
Now I'm not able to remember what was the distributor share of Ghajini & Ra.One.
+1
Dist.of ci and cp of ra.one made combined loss of 4-5cr,many other barely broke even,hw is that a hit then.
+2 votes

Also,
Ek Rishtaa is Average instead of Below Average
Awara Pagal Deewana is Average instead of Above Average
Waqt is Average instead of Above Average
Kambhakt Ishq is Average instead of Above Average
De Dana Dan is Average instead of Above Average
Blue is Flop instead of Below Average

by Second Unit Director (72.8k points)

Related questions

+2 votes
6 answers 199 views
199 views asked Jan 20, 2014 in Archived by naya yug Director (130k points)
+3 votes
3 answers 485 views
+5 votes
3 answers 97 views